NewJeans stan at 24

• The only time I have ever stanned a group from debut was with Dreamcatcher, and BP. With Twice, I joined during Knock Knock. But with newjeans:

Their whole debut was just a breath of fresh air. I didn't even notice how stale kpop songs have been till I heard attention. It was so different from the kpop formula I'm used to. No shade to it, I love the kpop formula since I consume it so much but this is refreshing. Hype boy and hurt were good too. The dances are so "loose" (its the only word i can think of) We're so used to structured dances that are all sharp movement and synchronization. It's so nice to see sth different.

I am worried about how young they are, the youngest JUST turned 14 (and some of the outfits they wear are iffy.) But at least they're not made to hump the flow like garam and eunchae. Or made open their legs like wonyoung and tzuyu. And before you say "This is how it's always been". Just because this is the way it's always been doesn't mean it is the way it has to be. As a woman, I know what it's like for society to sexualize us from a young age (every girl remembers the first time they were viewed as a sexual object.)

These are KIDS, we know they're being made to diet for their life, and we know their bodies get picked apart in 100 different ways. In a way, I feel like we need to look out for them. I'm not usually protective over idols, not even my bias. I view it as "they're grown and rich". But with these girls, I feel towards them like I feel for my niece. I will punch someone in the face if they so much as order one syllable.

Like it's so weird but they got this auntie hooked. Them + kazuha kpop this year came for my neck.

• honestly the PTSD has aged me, I feel 30. Also regarding the auntie comment I am an aunt IRL (got a nephew and niece). That's why I think of myself as an auntie to NewJeans

oh yeah i guess i get what you mean, i have cousins that are a lot younger so i feel a lot older sometimes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!