Have u watched Incantation?

• Yes, I find it good at least.

Try The Medium (Thai) too.

Did you like Incantation? I was thinking if to watch it or not.

I also watched The Medium. Horror wise - it was pretty good and as a Thai person, I can vouch that in certain parts of Thailand, people have really really strong beliefs in the paranormal. But this isn't a real documentary, but a mockumentary type of horror film so I have some issues with some aspects of that film.

• Did you like Incantation? I was thinking if to watch it or not.

I also watched The Medium. Horror wise - it was pretty good and as a Thai person, I can vouch that in certain parts of Thailand, people have really really strong beliefs in the paranormal. But this isn't a real documentary, but a mockumentary type of horror film so I have some issues with some aspects of that film.

I'd say it's a good horror thriller movie. As a scaredy cat myself, it is not scary at all (at least for me); it leans more on being creepy and mysterious.

The Medium exceeded my expectations; they executed it very well that I wasn't bothered at all that it's only a mockumentary. And so sorry to hear that. :oops:

Nothing still tops Noroi: The Curse (Japan, 2005) for me though with this genre.

• I'd say it's a good horror thriller movie. As a scaredy cat myself, it is not scary at all (at least for me); it leans more on being creepy and mysterious.

The Medium exceeded my expectations; they executed it very well that I wasn't bothered at all that it's only a mockumentary. And so sorry to hear that. :oops:

Nothing still tops Noroi: The Curse (Japan, 2005) for me though with this genre.

Thanks. I will give it a chance. I'm OK with ghosts and supernatural horror movies. It's the psycho killers and gruesome killings that I can't watch hahah I'm more afraid of crazy humans than ghosts.

• I'm also an avid fan of these genres/tropes. :pepe-hehe:

There was a psycho killer movie called Wolf Creek? about the young group of tourists travelling in the Outback or somewhere like that and their car breaks down. When I was dragged to the theatre to watch this movie, I had no clue what kind of movie it was (it was my friend's turn to pick the movie etc.) I thought it was mystery/action --- not psycho killer. I was so sick after wards and that was the last psycho killer movie I watched.

• There was a psycho killer movie called Wolf Creek? about the young group of tourists travelling in the Outback or somewhere like that and their car breaks down. When I was dragged to the theatre to watch this movie, I had no clue what kind of movie it was (it was my friend's turn to pick the movie etc.) I thought it was mystery/action --- not psycho killer. I was so sick after wards and that was the last psycho killer movie I watched.

You better stay away from gore movies then, because that one is pretty tame. :eyes:

• e.g., like in Thailand - they are good a mixing comedy + ghost etc.

Your country is really fond of this. ^^

It has been a long time I have watched a Thai movie I really enjoyed aside from The Medium. The last one I think is Homestay. Happy Old Year disappointed me. Friend Zone is decent.

I still haven't watched Inhuman Kiss. Will you recommend? And other movies if you have. :finger-heart:

• Your country is really fond of this. ^^

It has been a long time I have watched a Thai movie I really enjoyed aside from The Medium. The last one I think is Homestay. Happy Old Year disappointed me. Friend Zone is decent.

I still haven't watched Inhuman Kiss. Will you recommend? And other movies if you have. :finger-heart:

Oooh let me think and give you some recommendations. Inhuman Kiss had potential but it was more melo-dramatic soap using one of Thailand's oldest ghost lore etc. Def not true horror. There was zero creepy/scary moment in the film hahahah.

Recommendations for Thai ghost horrors:

Creeeeeepy + mystery:

- The original - Shutter

- Alone (Twins)

- Ladda Land

Mystery with a little spook but on Netflix:

-Ghost Lab

The best comedy + ghost film is

- Pee Mak 2013 with Davika and Mario

I also enjoyed Homestay lol.

Re Pee Mak - the ghost story is THE most famous folk/true/ghost story in the country. Even my friend has claimed to see the ghost of Mae Nak since she lives in the area where the shrine is built for her.

Edited 2 times, last by Yinye ().

• Ok I watched Incantation and it was quite creative re the interactive elements at the beginning. Overall a pretty solid, good Asian horror film. I will have to ask my Taiwanese friends about it since it was inspired by a true story etc.

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!