I think Kakao M is bugging

• ??? 28

1. Yea this was definitely a petty move, (24) 86%
    2. A reach, all is fair and love and war, it’s a hard tough business out here (4) 14%

what type of rejection is this???? Did Apple Music face the same reactions? Was Spotify that much of a threat to rip IU from it? Im convinced that Spotify took a long time to get their cause Kakao M was at their neck with the IU ultimatum. was this all is fair and love and war or a petty move?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lol Spotify won’t be affected... but those artist and fans will be. Kpop or korean music don’t bring in that much streams or revenue to make a significant difference, however kakaoM and MELON literally pays pennies for streaming and even STEAL royalty credits.

• They’re sabotaging international fame for these groups. Most people internationally listen to music through Spotify. No one will be able to discover your artists if they can’t listen to them.

Why do you think Jpop isn’t popular in the west? It’s because their music is not easily accessible.

ღ Sulli

• They’re sabotaging international fame for these groups. Most people internationally listen to music through Spotify. No one will be able to discover your artists if they can’t listen to them.

Why do you think Jpop isn’t popular in the west? It’s because their music is not easily accessible.

And the gag is Japan is trying to be more open.. and they successfully intergrated Spotify into Japanese culture and it’s one of the most popular streaming apps WITHOUT sidelining the succesful home grown apps.

Japan continues to show why THEY have the 2nd biggest music market and how Korea attempts (and fails) to immigrate them with their childish “banning” behaviors.

The way Koreans do in entertainment industry do business just doesn’t come off well in the international sector of business. Kakao removing all their artist globally, MBC banning all BH artist. Pathetic and childis. All these companies ran by thieves

• well, I'm dropping my support to Kakao M artists

I'm not a fan of any, just casual listener

Right, i just like a few songs here and there so I’m not too pressed.

Tbh I never have to listen to these songs again in my life and I’m good.

• Lol Spotify won’t be affected... but those artist and fans will be. Kpop or korean music don’t bring in that much streams or revenue to make a significant difference, however kakaoM and MELON literally pays pennies for streaming and even STEAL royalty credits.

The fraud part was long before Kakao bought melon in 2016, and done by individuals in the company who bascially stole from melon, in fact it was kakao that discovered and reported it when they started going throu the books after they aquired melon.

--

There's no confirmation yet on why it was all removed, either it is:

a) Spotify power move to force kakao to let them in on the domestic market

b) Kakao M pulling all music because of the merger today with kakao page and the plan to go international or license issues that need to be cleared after the merger

c) Kakao thinking they can force somekind of concession from spotify

d) some combination of the above

I can't see kakao actually gaining anything from this in the end, artists and companies they distribute for will not be pleased a big income source was just pulled from under their feet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!