Pledis Update on Mingyu

• They're still researching and gathering information but everything about the autistic classmate is confirmed to be false

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• At least they finally bothered to put out a statement supporting him. Good grief, their media response team has been awful for one of the members of their most popular groups.

• At least they finally bothered to put out a statement supporting him. Good grief, their media response team has been awful for one of the members of their most popular groups.

I think this was the best way to go about it. Taking longer makes people impatient but if they didn't and just released a simple "We're investigating the situation" people would get far angrier. Better to work on it behind the scenes and say something when you've done solid research imo

• I think this was the best way to go about it. Taking longer makes people impatient but if they didn't and just released a simple "We're investigating the situation" people would get far angrier. Better to work on it behind the scenes and say something when you've done solid research imo

Yeah it gives them something to latch onto that the company is really taking this seriously. I think a lot of carats are nervous but understand why it is taking a bit longer for a response.

• If you've seen the reaction to the vague statements released by Cube then it's understandable. This is a serious issue and it deserves a definite response. Everyone wants a company statement, but are never satisified with it.

In the US, the company would put out an immediate statement, then do the background investigation behind the scenes. If you need to walk back the statement, you can, but why not support your artist/brand first, so that the public knows you'll be vocal about supporting your people? Maybe this is a cultural difference with Korea that I don't understand as well, but as someone who's had to do this sort of press release in support of a client before, you support the client first then walk it back if you must.

• I don't know what to think about it, I've tried to formulate an opinion since the case came out but I can’t come up with a concrete thought

• We respect the position that the person who posted the article said he/she does not want to meet face to face, and at the same time, we will meet whenever you want to, confirm the facts and take action accordingly.

Accuser does not want to meet face to face, but find it ok to just spread accusations without any proof?

It's true though like how can we confirm the facts and accusations if the accusing partying don't even want to meet you to settle shit?

• the fact that they didnt try to victimize mingyu with the false accusation when they could and them saying that mingyus words and ops words are differente but they still prefer to listen to the girl like they are no trying to defend him in that and wow, after reading cube starship all trying to denied and then pledis coming with this... wow

• Accuser does not want to meet face to face, but find it ok to just spread accusations without any proof?

It's true though like how can we confirm the facts and accusations if the accusing partying don't even want to meet you to settle shit?

It makes them seem a lot less credible imo. Wouldn't you want to meet up with them and get an apology if you were telling the truth? But I don't know. I just hope that the whole truth comes out eventually

• and people, mingyu is not accussed of sexual harassment dont know from where u took that,,, he did sexual jokes and op felt uncomfortable which is totally understable and he needs to apologize for everything but will be difficult if the girl dont want to talk to him

• It makes them seem a lot less credible imo. Wouldn't you want to meet up with them and get an apology if you were telling the truth? But I don't know. I just hope that the whole truth comes out eventually

Like ok I get the argument that you dont want to meet your accuser.

Forgive me for being too blunt, but in the real world now where you are adults, you have to deal with a lot of shit at work. And you have to face and settle your grievances head on 1 on 1 with whoever you had beef with. Whether is it a colleague who treated you badly, or your boss who is unreasonable.

But now you don't want to meet up with a person who at that time you allegedly mention that he/she bullied you at age 11 - 14. If you can't even settle something that happened when you were young, how are you going to settle stuff when you are an adult? Or if it really is too hard, bring a team with you that will protect you against the person, but not wanting to settle your differences and continue to post accusations is a no go to me.

• and people, mingyu is not accussed of sexual harassment dont know from where u took that,,, he did sexual jokes and op felt uncomfortable which is totally understable and he needs to apologize for everything but will be difficult if the girl dont want to talk to him

He was accused of groping someone in the same place that the bullying the disabled student came from but since that part of the chat was super fake the sexual harassment part is likely to be faked as well

• He was accused of groping someone in the same place that the bullying the disabled student came from but since that part of the chat was super fake the sexual harassment part is likely to be faked as well

ah yeah he was accussed to touch the chess of a boy but like u said the same boy accused him about bullying the disabled kid so or its false or it did happen and the boy went angry and invented that, hope pledis next time will say something about that

• Accuser does not want to meet face to face, but find it ok to just spread accusations without any proof?

Didn't they had the medical records or i got lost in the scandals? I remember that this case was the only one with some kind of evidences, not just word to word.

• Didn't they had the medical records or i got lost in the scandals? I remember that this case was the only one with some kind of evidences, not just word to word.

There was this post I think whereby medical reports of the accuser going to therapy were posted.

However, the records I think didn't explicitly saytate that Mingyu was the reason for the accuser going to therapy. It just shows that the accuser went to therapy, but technically there isn't a direct evidence or linkage that linked Mingyu to them.

The "proof" if it's real, only proved that the accuser went to therapy

• There was this post I think whereby medical reports of the accuser going to therapy were posted.

However, the records I think didn't explicitly saytate that Mingyu was the reason for the accuser going to therapy. It just shows that the accuser went to therapy, but technically there isn't a direct evidence or linkage that linked Mingyu to them.

The "proof" if it's real, only proved that the accuser went to therapy

They mentioned the accuser being a idol like how many idols can be in her school class?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!