J-ROCK fans, I need recommendations!

• Recently, I’ve been getting into a lot of rock music and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations that fit this criteria I made below:

- Sentimental, not too sad but slightly hopeful.

- Instrumental break at one point in the song.

- Slowly building vocals, not too intense at the beginning but powerful towards chorus and end. Slightly somber bridge section.

That’s it really! I would be really great full for some recommendations!

• Don't mind me. This is from their Japanese album. I think this song fits what you mentioned

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's hard to fit your 3 criterias.

It fits the best, but it's sad

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• hm...I might go old school with my recommendations. Not sure if these fit but I tried:

Glay (REALLY famous during late 90s early/00s and they are still active)

Janne Da Arc

Acid Black Cherry (Janne Da Arc's vocalist solo project)

Super Beaver

Cocoroauction(There is like 4 different MVs for the MV story line and this is ep 1):

• It's hard to fit your 3 criterias.

It fits the best, but it's sad

This is great thank you!

• DOLLS is definitely playlisted! This is great!

Janne Da Arc is actually one of the first jrock groups I heard getting into Jrock. Here are some other songs from them.

I think this is the 2nd to the last single release from them. It's more of a graduation song

These three are the first songs I heard from them when a friend made a Jrock mix tape for me yrs ago

• These are really old school, so I hope you don't mind

Their live performances were amazing tbh

• Ohh...user above me already recommend X Japan. So, I'm going to recommend others.

Higedan is in pop rock category so, idk if they fit your taste. But I love their music, lyrics and vocal.

L'arc En Ciel

• Bands I recomend you to check out

• [Alexandros]
    • ACME
    • a crowd of rebellion
    • AliA
    • Alice nine / A9
    • BAND-MAID
    • BLUE ENCOUNT
    • Coldrain
    • Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas
    • Girlfriend
    • Gotcharocka
    • I Don't Like Mondays
    • KANA-BOON
    • King Gnu
    • MAN WITH A MISSION
    • Mrs. GREEN APPLE
    • MY FIRST STORY
    • ONE OK ROCK
    • PELICAN FANCLUB
    • Polkadot Stingray
    • Queen Bee
    • Radwimps
    • Seven Million Dots
    • SiM
    • STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION
    • SILENT SIREN
    • Sokoninaru
    • Survive Said The Prophet
    • THE ORAL CIGARETTES
    • UVERworld
    • Wagakki Band

Maybe you like some of them

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!