kpop absolutely need boys planet

• 'we dont need another rigged survival show from msnake' nope, we absolutely need it

say all you want but despite mnet rigging survival shows, it is also the most convenient way for nugu idols to gain hype

non-winner participants have benefited so much from survival shows, such as gyuri with fromis_9, goeun with purple kiss, yiren + sihyeon with everglow, chowon + nayoung with lightsum, and even nugu groups like bugaboo are known by having pd48 participants.

besides, fans are also able to publicise their favourite idol's talent during their upcoming debut, as evidently seen with yunjin stans during lesserafim debut announcement. this successfully made people acknowledge yunjin as a competent vocalist. a more nugu example would be ily:1, which most people would not even know exist if not from gp999 participants.

predebut hype is important, and lack of popular survival show for boy groups causes 4th gen bgs to fall into the abyss of non-relevance.

regular fans can name more than 10 4th gen gg but fail to even name at least 5 4th gen bgs that isnt from big 4.

i see boys planet as a golden, shining opportunity for nugu idols to reestablish their fandom power and gain traction. since the discontinuation of produce seasons, male idols became harder to become well known, especially from nugu companies. bora from cherry bullet took this opportunity and are able to catapult cherry bullet out of nugudom, along with jiwon and may's help. it is important to note that while debuting is the main priority, gaining new fans is the most important purpose . fromis_9 gyuri literally debuted from a previous survival show and entered pd48 again for the same purpose of gaining fans lol.

4th gen boy groups are drowning at an alarming rate because there are basically lesser and lesser well-known idols that can attract the attention of general fans . i hope that more already-debuted idol took this chance to revive their own respective groups because we might discover actual talent that are not seen before, especially from nugu groups that reside in the depth of abyss in male nugudom.

• I don't think that this will ever happen

Also I saw a rumored list once that said who could be on the show when they would ever do it and jesus fucking christ was the person who wrote it delulu since 90% of the named people from China, Japan and Korea were either in 2 ore 3 survival shows before or debuted at least once or twice allready and the list had sooo many errors cause of that

Not sure what would happen if there was actually a version with a better line-up of participants but 😬 I still can't emagine it tho.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!