Why is Japanese group XG promoting a song in English on Korean music shows?

• I'm just confused.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:pepe-peek:

• ifans watch these shows too. a lot of jpop doesnt really cater to western music tastes but xg's music does so it makes sense to promote them somewhere ifans will see instead of japan where this music style probably wouldnt be liked as much. i think its a good strategy. i see a lot of kpop reaction channels making videos about xg when they normally stay away from jpop.

• I believe when they debuted there was something about being a group aimed to promote internationally. The Produce Japan groups have also performed on Korean shows and sometimes even pop up on Studio Choom.

• I don’t understand is the full group is Japanese? They’re singing in English but promote like a kpop group

They are all Japanese. The group is apparently aimed at the global market under a label that's operated by YG and Avex. Apparently Hikaru from Kep1er will join this group when Kep1er ends so I actually do get why they're promoting in Korea now.

YG set to debut Japanese girl group XG
    ANTICIPATION has been building up over YG Entertainment’s first Japanese girl group. In collaboration with the Japanese company AVEX Group, YG Enterta...
    www.thesundaily.my

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!