[kind of rant] You're never too old for LEGOs

• I saw someone making fun of Seonghwa for building LEGOs, while he is in his 20's.

And well... I hope those people step on a LEGO and hurt their feet.

You're never too old for LEGOs.

Even though it says "9-14" on that set.

But I wouldn't say he was too old for this set.

FUJtxruWIAEoFR9?format=jpg&name=large

And there are also LEGO sets for adults. (as in being a bit more difficult to build.)

I once saw my brother build a lego ship set and he is older than Seonghwa.

That LEGO set was one that was more difficult than the Star Wars set and it took him 8 hours to build.

No one mocked him for it. (even though I might have called him a nerd for it, but I had not called him childish.)

Seeing that live actually made me want to go build a LEGO set.

Even though I haven't done that yet.

I can't remember if I have ever built a lego set, but I often saw my other brother doing it when he was younger.

I freaking dislike when people say stuff like "This person is too old to do this 'childish' thing"

Like if you're a person who is like this, then I think you're boring.

I'm the kind of person who reads children's books and stuff.

Few years ago, I got interested in Moomins and watched the Moomin anime. (It might be considered childish, but freaking Björk likes Moomins too)

I also used to be that 14 year old, who felt a bit "childish" in compared to my classmates, because I still played with barbies, read the "children's magazine" and watched Disney Channel.

You're never too old for LEGOs.

• Legos are fun and enjoyable for everyone imo. You can get creative with what you build or it can be relaxing to build a set. It's like doing a puzzle or something.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• The humor in the beginning was absolutely hilarious and I loved it. Also, I really agree with you. If you know me at all on here, you'll know I am very childish and silly, both for my age and in general. I also like a lot of traditionally childish things, like animated movies, swinging on a swingset, the color pink/bright colors, and so on. It's just a part of who I am. I used to wonder if there was something wrong with me because of these things, or that I should have been born into a culture which embraced childishness better, but now that I'm older, I've accepted it as a part of me and decided if it annoys someone, then that's their loss. If they hate the Lego Movie, that sounds like a personal problem I shouldn't need to worry about.

I never got told to my face not to enjoy these things, but I was by no means a dumb child and I could tell I was getting silently judged for stuff like that some of the time and I did not like it one bit, but I also wanted to do what made me happy. In the end, and by that I mean now, I should focus on doing what makes me happy. If someone else finds it too silly, then they're the one who is being silly, not me. Just enjoy being yourself, whatever that ends up looking like (and within reason, don't go breaking the law or anything).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!