I-LAND New

• I. Introduction

I-LAND is a South Korean boy group reality competition series. It was produced by Studio Take One, Mnet, CJ ENM, and HYBE.

II. Cast

Storyteller: Namkoong Kim

Producers:

• Bang Si-hyuk
    • Rain (part 1)
    • Zico (part 1)

Directors:

• DOOBU
    • Pdogg
    • Son Sung-deuk
    • Wonderkid

Guests:

• Bae Yoon-jung (episode 7)
    • BTS (episodes 7 and 12)
    • Dino (SEVENTEEN, episode 10)
    • Hoshi (SEVENTEEN, episode 10)
    • Hwang Kwang-hee (special host)
    • JooE (MOMOLAND, special host)
    • Jun (SEVENTEEN, episode 10)
    • Kim Nam-joo (Apink, special host)
    • Kim Sung-eun (special host, episode 9)
    • SEVENTEEN (episode 12)
    • Shin A-young (co-host, finale)
    • The8 (SEVENTEEN, episode 10)
    • Tomorrow X Together

III. Contestants

I-LAND has a total of twenty-three male contestants. Out of all the 23 contestants, three contestants are Japanese (K, Ta-ki, and Ni-ki), 18 are South Korean (Choi Se-on, Lee Geon-u, Choi Jae-ho, Jung Jae-beom, Chu Ji-min, Lee Hee-seung, Lee Young-bin, EJ, Park Sung-hoon, Sunoo, Noh Sung-chul, Yang Jung-won, Kim Tae-yong, Cho Kyung-min, Kim Yoon-won, Jake, Jay Park, and Daniel), with three of them having two nationalities (Jake's nationality is both Australia and South Korea, and both Jay Park and Daniel's nationality is United States and South Korea), one contestant is Taiwanese (Nicholas), and one is Vietnamese (Hanbin).

IV. Description

The trainees and producers vote for the contestants. Not much influence from the audience was expected, but in part 2 of the show, the trainees did not vote at all, and global votes were introduced. Contestant Kim Yoon-won voluntarily withdrew due to an ankle injury.

There were 2 parts of the show.

The first part, ending in episode 6, ended up with 12 contestants: K, Yang Jung-won, Park Sung-hoon, Lee Geon-u, Lee Hee-seung, Jay, Choi Se-on, Jake, EJ, Jung Jae-beom, Lee Young-bin, and Jo Kyung-min.

Four missions are included in part 1 of the show:

Theme song, teamwork, vocal and dance battles, and performing an original song named I&credible with the theme Awakening.

The second part, starting in episode 7, starts with the 12 aforementioned contestants.

Four missions are included in part 2 of the show:

Singing songs by BTS, the chemistry test, the concept test, and performing a new single named Calling (Run Into You).

The top six contestants would be chosen by global votes, and one contestant would be chosen by the producers.

V. Winners

The winners of the reality competition series are as follows: Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jungwon and Ni-ki.

Sunoo is the only winner of the reality competition series to be chosen by the producers.

Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jungwon and Ni-ki formed the group ENHYPEN.

ENHYPEN debuted on November 30th, 2020.