Posts by HwaGoose

Lastly, if you're struggling with getting bad grades on assignments, consider reaching out to your professors or seeking feedback from peers to help improve your work. This helped me A LOT!!! Keep writing and exploring, and I'm sure you'll find success.

Well... I don't go to college or anything like that anymore.

But well... I remember that I never asked for help. I guess I was being too shy or something.

I wasn't sure what to title this thread, but sometimes when I want to write a short story about something, I sometimes read books about it and also look up stuff online about it.

Like when I just for fun decided to write a story taking place in certain country, I remember that I read a non-fiction book about that country (even though it pretty much was a tourist book). I remember also once reading a short story collection by authors from that country. (I admit that I have almost forgotten what most of the short stories were even about...)

I also looked up stuff online about it. But tried to also make sure that the information I got online was true. I was watching documentaries about that country too (especially on a website where I often watch documentaries).

And I listened to music from that country, especially Eurovision songs. (because it was a European country)

BTW I still haven't written that story. I kinda had an idea what it should be about and wrote a bit, but I found my own story kinda "meh".

I did find it kinda fun learning about that country.

And when I made a school project (or is it called "assignment"?) in college once, I was writing about a novel and also about a historical event that the book takes place in.

So, I rented a lot of books about that historical event.

But that project got bad grades though... (I still don't know why. Maybe it was too short, and I was maybe being too lazy or something.)

I know that Cast Away is an old movie, but still...

I was pretty young back then when I watched that movie for the first time. (I haven't watched it since then, but would maybe rewatch one day)

Not sure how young, but maybe 12 or a bit older.

And I was watching it with my cousin, who was a bit older than me.

There was this scene where Wilson floats away from Tom Hanks and Hanks is crying because of it.

And I remember saying something like "Dude, it's just a volleyball."

But my cousin said "That volleyball was his only friend."

Well... it sounds like my cousin had more empathy than I did.

I think my empathy has gotten better since then though.

My co-worker liked Tattoo last year and I wouldn't be surprised if she might end up liking some song that ends up being played on my country's radio a lot.

Ulveham is a song that I have heard on the radio. And Sand too, I think.

I think my mom said that Ulveham sounded like Tattoo... and I think my mother needs to get her ears checked.

lol I like the song but I can imagine it would be even better without the rap,kinda breaks the mystical mood

the staging really looks great though,not that we expected anything less from Ukraine

:pepe_akorns:

I'm suddenly getting a flashback from when some people didn't like the rap in the Greek entry from 2011.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Updates as of 04.27.24

Me: Some might think that people like us are geniuses. But I'm not a genius, and I'm also not THAT smart.

Also me: *almost always wins in that one quiz game that I sometimes play with the people at that one hangout place.*

Updates as of 04.26.24

Oh, I remember that late in December, I just for fun wrote who would win this year's Eurovision before any of the contestants were announced.

And I randomly wrote Armenia.

But I guess that song won't win, even though I kinda like it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do you think any of those countries could win this year?

Well... I don't think so.

Denmark would maybe get a lot of votes from juries. Which is also what happened in the national final, that Saba got the most votes from the jury. (but I feel like a lot of the public votes probably were just a bunch of Faroese voting for the Faroese guy, who ended up third.)

Sometimes when Sweden have won, Danes have sometimes made jokes that Denmark would win next.

For me, I really like hugs.

But I actually only hug one person. Or she is the only one I hug.

and well.... I would hug Seonghwa :nervousk:

External Content twitter.com