Posts by 3best

True. Many girls from C & J groups were just convenience picks for people who don't have clear picks in those groups, especially for Korean voters. What's more interesting is that Klap events were probably more representative of the true popularity of the girls - Ruiqi & Yaning were always topping the fundraisers for C-group, surprise-surprise, they are the only foreigners who are close to debuting - top 9 and top 10 respectively.

Btw, all of this was an expected result with a 50:50 vote split. Koreans overwhelmingly vote for Korean trainees, while international fans are split. Therefore, simple maths results in K-group being the most voted one. So it is Mnet's failure there. My opinion is that it should have been: no vote split, no cell\group votes, just 9-, 6-, 3-, and 1-picks, that's it. It would result in the group being majority Korean (probably not 6-7K, but 4-5) and the whole unnecessary nationalistic framing of C vs K vs J would have been avoided. I won't even talk about the organization and editing because those have been also overly divisive and attributed to current tension.

Any hate towards trainees is a big no-no, no questions about that. That being said, some fans take any form of criticism or just "I don't like X for Y" as hate - I don't really understand what's wrong in saying that you think X lacks in dancing\singing\star power\aura (measured in Sunmi units) or whatever. I've seen this on Reddit pretty often - "I think Dayeon has no star power" gets a reply "wOw, tHiS sUb hAtEs DaYeOn sO mUcH". Just chill a bit.

Any comparisons with existing groups or previous Produce shows are not really valid. IOI had 1 Chinese, true, but how many foreigners were even competing on that show to begin with, lol? There you have 66 foreigners, 1 out of 66 there is akin to like 1 J girl debuting in PD48 or even 0, considering that one group (J) is currently totally excluded from the top 9. Yes, I doubt that IZ*One would have been as successful with that kind of lineup (11K:1J or 12K) since the Japanese market was contributing a lot. The thing is not that all-Korean group is not globally marketable or some bs like that, it is the fact that Chinese and Japanese fans who watched the show would expectably feel alienated if the debuting group has 0 Chinese or 0 Japanese when there were 33 of each at the start and the show itself was framed as some kind of KCJ colab. I've seen many Chinese & Japanese comments (translations obviously) that were saying that they won't follow the group if 0 of their trainees debut. Sure, that does not mean that those markets would be forever shut for the group, but considering that the show had low ratings and pretty limited discussions in Korea, coupled with far less Chinese\Japanese support, the final group would have problems at the start at least - if they become very successful, then yes, they can bring Chinese\Japanese fans who did not watch the show and just like the group but then what was the point of doing that show in the first place?

She's ranked 16th which was definitely shocking to see

Interesting to note that the foreign trainees at the bottom (aside from Wen Zhe) have all been massive filler picks for Koreans. On the other hand, Su Ruiqi & Fu Yaning have weak Korean fanbases but that actually boosted them at this stage, lol. Pretty much confirms that the absolute majority of Koreans (probably sth like 80%+) are voting for Korean trainees only, while all the previous "convenience" picks crashed hard. While the trainees with significant international 1-pick bases - Ruiqi, Yaning, and Hikaru (although she is lower) are doing decently.

Panic voting might change things a bit, but while I did not expect Xiaoting to crash that hard, I expected that Yaning & Ruiqi would be far more resilient to the 1-pick stage than many other foreign trainees. I honestly think that even panic voting might not boost her enough to secure the top 9.

Nah, at this point they should just debut 9 K girls to further show how much of a joke the whole "global" concept has been with their bullshit voting rules of 50:50 and as a huge red flag for all potential foreign contestants. I mean, isn't that what Mnet wanted anyway with the way they have been evil-editing the Chinese girls and barely showing the Japanese ones?

Tbh panic voting really does work, cuz Ruiqi is the highest ranking foreigner rn when Koreans dropped her since the 2nd Elim lol

I see at least half this lineup getting changed at this point, especially with Xiaoting being that low

Somehow I doubt it. Ruiqi is doing well not because of panic voting, but because she was carried by her international 1-pick fanbase throughout the show and never relied on Korean votes. Same with Yaning, that's why she did so well in 1-1-1 and is ranked top 10 now. The top Japanese girls & Xiaoting got their high rankings from filler Korean votes, who all switched to Korean girls, so unless somehow they all flip back only a few of them will rank in the top 9.

I feel bad for the girls but it is amusing how all the Mnet manipulations backfired at them and they are now panicking releasing this "save us" notice :)

You mentioned Ziyin and it makes me wonder how high she could potentially rank. Considering she isn't really a filler vote I think and still make it in the previous round it must mean her 1 pick is pretty strong

She would rank higher than many other C-girls but way lower than Ruiqi & Yaning. Those two have massive int 1-pick bases, probably the biggest among all foreign trainees. They had extremely low Korean votes throughout the whole show and have been relying solely on their international fans, hence they are doing well there. All the girls who relied on Korean votes collapsed.

I think it’s auto tune? Because there were slight mess up like Chaehyun didn’t really hit the note she was suppose to if it was pre-recorded it would have been perfect

This season seen more auto tuned than previous Produce seasons

No, there were many cases of autotune before that (Jiwon & Mashiro in MITM for example), I am talking about straight-up lipsync - HXQ at the start when her mouth was closed while the sound was still going on, Yurina somewhere in the middle when she had her mouth almost closed but was hitting a high note.

This week we have Shoot Team visiting DAYEON'S MOTHER, and then they headed off to DAYEON'S DAD'S RESTAURANT. I wouldn't even be surprised at this point if the Sweet Potato guy was DAYEON'S UNCLE. Maybe the guys at the parachute are DAYEON'S BROTHERS WHO KNOWS?

Basically, Shoot team was working as Dayeon promoters this episode - talking about Dayeon with her mom, watching Dayeon's childhood photos, performing for Dayeon's mom, calling Dayeon to talk with her mom, advertising her dad's restaurant, and, the most hilarious (I think) thing, they had an entire segment where Shoot girls had to write letters to Dayeon :pepe-cringe: Why that was even necessary?