Posts by GoGoYoungeun

I still don’t know how the Chinese promotion is going to play out though lol Going to be so awk if they are allowed to go there and the Kr members are forced by their company to communicate in broken Chinese or English 24/7. Looking kind of tough…. :pepeshut:

It will be a CJ pop :melon_think: Low-key want this to happen just to lol at malding nationalists.

The group is going to have so much problems promoting in Korea if that happens. Y’all crazy. Not going to be no reverse INTO1 with 2-3 Koreans and the rest foreign. I’d rather Youngeun be in some other group if it’s going to take that route which I highly doubt. No point in angering nationalists to be honest. Only ones who are going to be suffering is the company and group lmao

Knetz will be on suicide watch if there are only 2 K-trainees in top 9.

If it’s in top9 whatever, but if you’re talking about what if this was the final lineup….LMAO. Isn’t it ultimately supposed to be a kpop group? Would look more like a Japanese/Chinese collabo group than anything if there are only 2 Koreans. They ain’t accepting that and the Chinese and Japanese wouldn’t accept that either if it were to create a jpop or cpop idol group. I’m just glad youngeun is on the predicted list :wellr:

i mean, it doesnt look like they know based on the comments in that pann article lol. thats the point. they're acting like mnet cares that they don't like japanese and chinese girls being involved

just bc they're doing korean releases doesnt mean they're catering to korea? there are a LOT of groups doing concepts that koreans don't fck with. but theyre popular with ifans and thats who pays the bills. its all about money lol.

They’ll start caring when those petitions go out, the girlies get death threats, and the group is boycotted or ignored. I get the feeling Kr companies love trolling their own people. They know Chinese idols aren’t wanted anymore among knetz and Korean idol fans and they have ongoing neverending tensions with China (guess you can throw Japan in the mix). Appealing to Korean demographics is still a must for any group’s longevity at home. Kr fans will move on when they realize they are no longer the priority and rightfully so. Nobody wants to be on the back burner and only catered to when things don’t work out with the other marketed groups of people.

Well how’s the reception in China and Japan for this show? This show hasn’t been trending in Japan Twitter, popular forum communities or YouTube. So… How can you determine they don’t need Korea if Japan doesn’t care for them lol.

Also, Korea is still their target. The release times and heavy promotions they do. At the end of day every act wants to do well domestically. And with COVID restrictions still going on in certain countries there’s so much this group can do outside of Korea.

I feel like kpoppies don’t value the group’s domestic popularity as much as they should. The boombaya stage was trending number 1 in Japan like the day before yesterday but that’s about it.

There is a difference between "allowed" and "willing". Japan is doing worse than Korea right now no question. But Japan is allowing work visa's for music groups in Japan. However CV19 is also gaining ground even in Korea right now so to be honest it is kind of a no win scenario. Personally I don't think it is worth it for the 999 girls to travel anywhere as "more" money isn't worth your health as long as you can feed yourself. So while the new group can definitely promote in Japan I don't think they should. Hopefully enough of the Vaccines can be gotten to more countries to ease off on the new cases.

When I meant allowed to, I meant on the group’s Korean companies behalf. I’m sure Japanese companies don’t gaf if Korean companies physically come to promote in Japan. It’s just that Korean companies simply don’t want to and for good reason hence why you don’t see any sending their groups to Japan. Technically, I wouldn’t be surprised if Korean companies pre record all of their group’s Japanese music show appearances and have the interviews live over a zoom type call even after covid is done. It’s just so convenient to not even waste time going all the way out there to be seen on tv for 4 mins tops unless they’re doing fan meets, concerts, and mini live events. That’s my personal opinion. Not trying to get attacked by kpoppies on here.

I'm not sure were you got your information of not being able to promote in Japan came from. You can travel there and just need to quarantine yourself for 2 weeks. NiziU and J01 have been doing it the last year and a half. There are still concerts though with reduced attendees still going on. One of the largest music festivals in Japan is taking place in Sept 18 and 19th with many foreign acts. It is more time consuming but still doable

Them physically promoting in Japan is ultimately up to their company. I don’t think they’re going to be allowed to because I can’t think of any kpop group (that’s relevant) that physically went to Japan when covid got worse in 2020 till now to do activities. Everything was pre recorded and broadcasted live. Covid is worse in Japan than in Korea and has been for over a year. It would be so stupid to send them to Japan when they don’t have covid under control. Isn’t AAA 2021 getting flack by knetz for hosting it in Japan?

Difference between niziu and jo1 with kpop groups is that they’re partially owned by Korean companies who do their mvs, photo shoots, and etc in Korea so they don’t have much of a choice if they want to put out the type of content they’re supposed to as a hybrid jpop and kpop group.

you forget about kids

you really think that 10, 12 or 14-15 year old kids won't vote because of some 'sentiments' of ahjussis and nationalists?

Thing is, a lot of the smack knetz have to say about this show aren’t coming from kids and teens LOL Believe it or not, many kpop idol groups are supported by young adults who can afford to pay albums and go to concerts without asking mommy and daddy for money. Knetz who are boycotting this show over politics and what have you are most definitely not children.

They don't need to go anywhere tho... It's all about sales if group will have 150-200k sales of first album then everyone and their mum will shut their mouths :)

I mean sure they don’t need to go anywhere and it’s not like they can anyways lol, but people kept saying how the group will be promoting physically in China and Japan when these current circumstances with covid and the ccp prevents that. Plus without Korean support which people constantly switch from undermining to valuing (never really overvalued), who’s voting for them on music shows? Who’s going to stream their music on Korean charts? Who’s going to get them enough Korean achievements to make it to Korean award shows? Guess Korean companies wanted foreign atm machines by including the Japanese and Chinese in the show like how other Korean companies are doing now with their own groups. If the group flops in Korea, there’s no way China and Japan are going to be able to hard carry it forever without Korea. Not how it works….

Domestic popularity doesn't determine a group's success anymore, though. If mnet really cared that much they wouldn't have been adding Chinese and Japanese trainees so much. They are aiming for internation popularity.

I mean in order for the group to not be a failure, Koreans needs to be really interested in it which they probably won’t be due to the Chinese that are present and not wanting to deal with mnet. Korea is where majority of the relevant achievements are going to be made as well as activities will be done. They ain’t doing anything in China (hallyuban) and Japan won’t be over covid by the start of 2022 😂

I don’t see much of a problem with it. If this was a Japanese or Chinese survival show for jpop and cpop, the same things would most likely be said. Neither J or C group would want to lose to the foreign group. All three east asian countries are prideful and nationalistic. It’s just that a certain country named Japan took that ideology and mindset to a whole new level during WW2, especially after coming in contact with the west, hence why Korea, China, and other asian countries hate the rising sun flag or when Japan does want to get nationalistic (ex: spending money to improve their military, evicting their war crime history out of children and teen textbooks) because it usually doesn’t mean anything good in terms of politics of course.

They just wanted to bash K-pop and C group was used. They did not stan C-pop or whatever or, C-pop must have been more popular internationally.

Thing is, I noticed that anytime a kpop group is involved with a cpop group, especially these days, kpop fans and cpop fans bash the Korean groups comparing them like crazy even down to looks lmao Cpop also is not more popular than kpop internationally, not even close. If you only count ethnic Chinese listeners than maybe but when it comes to non Asians…. :clown:

Like I said before and ifans said I’m bullshitting, kpop is dying in Korea

They are going for China not just for money but for survival

This is true but to some extent. Have to take in account that this is Mnet we’re talking about. Their reputation is fcking over in Korea due to rigging the previous pd series. Anti Chinese sentiment is on the rise in Korea and I bet knetz found out that there was Chinese money backing in the show like how they found out which Chinese contestants were anti US aid. Snake Mnet combined with anti Chinese sentiment equals a low viewed show.

Those hyping up C group saying they were so talented and pretty while K group was pretty bland visual and talent wise were clowned. C group was the weakest thus far. 22th of the C group was painful to watch and 12th was so-so. Meanwhile, even 30th of K group could perform decently albeit nothing spectacular. It seemed like every single one of the K group was fair to good performers. The K standard surely was top-notched. The only reason they were not more top9 candidates from K group was that the masters raised their bars for this group.

It looked as if 20% of C group were talented, 50% were so-so and the rest was so so terrible. And, watching them in motion more and more, only half of them were pretty. K group had less pretty contestants yet, none of K group was close to the ugliest contestant from C group.

Neither I can feel the beauty of the center of C group. She looked alike Jayavarman VII.

EXACTLY LML. The people who were lowkey or even highkey hating on the K groups for no damn reason I bet don’t have much to say now. And yes, I’ve come across some of what it appeared to be Chinese nationalists bashing the looks and skills of K group under the C group OOO performance. If you boil down further, maybe some dual kpop/cpop stans were as well I guess after watching one or two episodes of Chuang or YWY :pepe-smug:

There’s talented contestants on the C-group but the narrative I heard before was that as a whole, the Chinese trainees would dominate in vocals and dancing, even above the K-trainees.

Obviously Mnet didn’t just pick based solely on talent, they wanted some “diversity”. It would be boring if everyone was just a fierce gifted dancer. You could tell many of the Chinese contestants lacked in energy, stage presence or skills. This made the ifans’ enemy #1 Fu Yaning shine even more because she looks like an ace compared to them

I find it ironic how many people were comparing the K group to the C group like crazy only in the O.O.O. performance down to visuals (what does that have to do with talent? Lol), stage presence, and dance skills before seeing the actual first episode. Now the tables have turned. The Koreans are bodying the Chinese contestants and even have to adhere to a different grading criteria due to being held to a higher standard. Looks were also deceiving on the K group end. You had cute young looking girls with clumsy personalities with the Hot Sauce and Monster Baby group but slayed their performances. What happened to all of the TaLeNted Chinese contestants who were supposed to be destroying the LAckiNG Koreans? :clown: I’ve even heard from some bitter people that the best of the best Chinese talents stayed in China LOL (gotta have some excuse now). Watch me get called a troll or anti Chinese by the two bozos in this thread.