Posts by guest-trivia

I think it's just agreement between YG&BH , BH also invest in YG's project.

something like if I do this you will do that in return etc.

BH didn't invest in YG project, BH bought shares in YG Plus (which was previously known as Pheonix Holdings Inc, and was bought by YG and renamed) to get something out of it. They did it probably because it's clear as day BH wants to eliminate all middle men costs. Setting up their own distribution infrastructure would take time and lots of money so BH buying shares in company that do just what they need is pretty smart. Dreamus was taking a lot of money for distributing BH artist albums, so when BH has shares with company that does this they save millions on just cutting of middle men.

This is pretty similar with YG getting into BH/Kiswe project. They don't want to pay crazy money to YT or other platform, because it drastically decrease their profit. With getting into this , they won't have to pay, so their profit will be bigger or exist least.

Actually this started with BH and Kiswe in September, the other two are just joining now. It is probably motivated by huge costs of hosting that kind of events by third parties like Youtube. Some of you were mad at me about my comment about that YG group concert... well as you can see they dropped YT as soon as possible.

Let me go make an album cover for this because I know we all are about to rip the unplugged performances to Mp3 after this airs, and will need an album art

They will put them on all official streaming platforms. At least they usually do. Actually I believe some artist even got Grammy for their MTV unplugged album performance.

Also I'm not ARMY but following BTS career is like watching Disney movie, the more antis and haters are going at them, the more Karma hits them.

There were some viral kpop threads about live albums just last week and here we go BTS will get the most prestigious live album artist can get in the industry.

lmao this is the 2nd highest among k acts and one the biggest among female acts. i bet yg expected this. ur making it seem like as if it is low :cryingr:

I literally started this with "This is good for kpop group". And it is. Online concerts were not really successful for kpop groups. Costs of online concerts are crazy. Especially when it's high profile group like BP, when luxurious looks are expected. The venue costs are high, half of the money is taken by the platform which is YT in this case or Vlive in other cases. Add to that time of the crew and preparation. The exclusive reveal of that one member unreleased song. The members and team lost about 3 months to prepare for this, and they could have spend it on more profitable activities. People talking about revenue of this event forget that it would have to cover many things.

They must have expected bigger paid audience since illegal streams were watched by thousands of people. The calculations are pretty easy.

280 k is good for kpop group.

I believe expectations were much higher tho. And I do not mean fans, I mean YG as a company and investors. Also concert was not profitable for YG (as reported by some outlets, which is believable), which is probably also huge disappointment for them considered many watch it illegally.

In the end fans are happy with the concert which is the most important, because it would be the worst if after all the waiting during award season , fans were disappointed.

Well OP of the thread. People will find a lot of things to drag your faves and fandom anyway, so if you think that getting your faves names on some songs will stop them... well it won't. They can stand on their lashes and sing Botticelli and there still be millions of people thinking they are talentless, and they sell garbage not music.

And it's about every group, at least the ones that are recognizable enough to get haters.

It will be april, probably late april. Maybe really early may.

They need like 2 months to hype the group and group need at least 1.5 month of promotion before I-land 2nd season starts. So I say late April.

Better question is "what groups it will harm the most?". I saw lots of kpop stans going on how the spotify numbers will help them get music show wins... well if Korean fans will start thinking like that, some groups may go from barely there Korean platform streams to non existent.

The biggest winners of Spotify in Korea are K-ARMY that can stream mixtapes (at least D-2)

I don't have any problem with Nazi.

This statement is absolutely more problematic than Korean idol not knowing German's fashion sense from 100 years ago.

About Sowon, I prefer for her to know German crimes instead of being able to recognize their uniform. And I see on this forum people (mainly US...surprise, surprise) spreading so many misinformation that my slavic ass even set up an account to see the real range of stupidity and ignorance.