Posts by fortuna

BTS :

lyricism,

storytelling,

versatility in sound and performance (they can pull off many concepts)

every rapper in the group has a distinct style,

every vocal is also distinct and unique,

overall i'd say their individuality is very strong,

and yet still their teamwork is stronger,

they represent growth to me

because they've grown as people, you can see it in the way they write

which means that their music has also grown

they are passionate about music

and are sincere

maybe in the past you could argue that they were comparable but now I don't think they are.

there is a certain level of confidence that bts perform with

a level of camaraderie, trust and support between the members

call it a chemistry or synergy if you will

that you dont see in a lot of groups

they just perform and that's it

also it may sound like fluff but you can see that they are sincere about what they sing

i guess it helps that they sing songs that are about them

like this one where they are sitting down and do not have a physical audience

and yet still

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

you feel something

I've seen other groups just sing songs

Like there isnt anything bad in just performing and singing and being freaking good at it cause that's their job

but BTS makes it seem like it's more than just a job for them that's it

that's what draws their audience to them

prob him and D.O are the only male vocalists you will see me hype up in SM.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I thought his voice was so charming then and it's embedded in me

And as for D.O, stylistically he is different from the rest.

Those Kiss of Life girls. I genuinely like most of what they put out. They just need to get better at live performances if they always want to keep them mics on which I commend them for. Just get that stamina up. Would've said Purple kiss but swan just needs to go solo at this point. Would've also said XG but they are a hit or miss for me.

You see, BTS has this thing where they use not only the lyrics but also choreography and even their stage performances to tell a story

But I think their apex when it comes to storytelling through stage performance has to be Fake Love.

They were hidden behind masks, they performed as dolls in boxes, as marionnettes and in another performance they had the hand of a puppeteer above them. Each with a different element to tell the same story.

Probably their best run in my opinion

That's bound to happen though...

A song smashing unexpectedly and so much so that you fail to reproduce another that has a similar impact.

Dynamite will always be THAT girl just like SPRING DAY will always be THAT girl. This happens to every artist. Even the best of the best and the most legendary artists have songs that you cannot deny was pivotal in shaping their entire career. But that does not mean that they cannot produce another hit song. They have already produced others after dynamite, for example Butter.

But if we talk about overall popularity. They will find a way to remain in the public eye and that will give them more chances to produce hits because like I said the advantage they have is that they reinvent themselves. They work by eras and they plan their shit in advance. Only dynamite and these other songs were according to them unplanned.

If they comeback with a new trilogy, they will smash it.

And my reasons are as follows:

1. There is NO concept that he cannot do. Never saw that man look awkward once. He is a chameleon.

2. I've noticed in BTS performances that whenever he is in the center he literally performs the same dance move a different way each time, so that you don't notice he is doing the same choreography, all of this can happen in just one performance.

Since I've been rewatching BTS performances I would be like "look at Jimin, he does something different every time he is in the center"

You think "wow what is he going to do next?"

For example he would play with his hair, play with his glasses or some other prop, flip his mic, raise his eyebrow, shrug, play with the members, play towards the crowd or just dance his ass off. And he makes it look like the most natural thing ever. That it was part of the choreography.

3. He is someone with a ton of tricks up his sleeve. His body is so disciplined that you can flip him around, throw him in the air and he will do it.

When I think of PERFORMER I think of Jimin and that's why he attracts so many stans.

how are you literally the only one who understood me

I dont even know RIIZE like that to comment on them

never watched one performance

never listened to one song

usually I check the people out before I bash them but IDK RIIZE

People saw BTS' talent first is what I meant cause I remember some members were getting popular in small spaces first for their talent before they debuted and people saw what they looked like

literally thank you for a proper response

I do think exo helped increase kpop's threshold for album sales given the environment they were in

with the fandom split between Korea and China but in my opinion bts showed a slightly different trajectory.

They tried China and did not succeed there in the same way that exo had at the time

That's why I said that.

whether or not they'd be doubling their sales without the debut of exo...well asyou said, it's a what-if

...like we dont know for sure because we arent in the case where exo doesnt exist.

while stats are there, at the end of the day it's our interpretation of it that matters to us. But I raised the question nonetheless cause I had a slightly different opinion to how heavily exo's sales had influenced bts'

anyway I'm done with this thread.