Posts by 9397Duo

I was today years old when I found out that 2-3M Spotify streams a day for songs that are spammed all over public playlists represent the tastes of the 331M US population.

Good to know.

I wish Billboard would give higher weightage to YouTube streams though, especially for their Global 200 charts. YouTube’s the most widely used streaming platform in the world, much bigger than Spotify, and a bigger representation of what’s being consumed outside the West. Alas, they’re more concerned with painting their Western industry-pushed, massively playlisted acts as “organic and globally popular” artists when big music markets in the East don’t even give a crap about most of them.

Some of y’all are obsessed with painting BTS as just a typical BG with only 12-year-old fangirls listening and zombie streaming them when you don’t even bother to look at their Melon listener demographics lol.

BWL isn’t just a chart hit, it topped the GP-driven Gallup polls as well, surveyed across multiple age groups and genders. And it’s been covered on TV and yes, it broke into SEA as well.

The same goes for Dynamite which isn’t just a Korean hit but a global one too. Just ask AKMU and yes, I myself have come across it in public spaces in my own country multiple times. Also topped the Gallup polls as a solid #1 last year.

It’s 2021, it’s time to start accepting that BTS aren’t just a bunch of nugus liked by only 2000 fangirls. They’re a global act and their country’s pride.

This is getting embarrassing tbh... Why are some sooooo triggered about others threads?? If people want to brag about their faves achievements let them be, it's not like their bragging will eliminate your faves achievements...

Trying to look "better" bc you don't brag isn't that cool tbh. It's just that you think differently of others. Being better is: not judging others while doing similar things...

Anyways, freedom isn't just letting others do what they want, it's also you ignoring something you don't like! Both sides win!

Except, in Daniel’s case, he DOES make achievement and bragging threads but pretends as if he doesn’t.

The most recent ones, and you must’ve seen them, were threads where he expressed how “proud” he was of how many EXO songs were being played at the Olympics.

Kpop fans love bragging, no matter the fandom. You just need your faves to actually have something to shout about. This “bragging” vs “feeling proud” excuse is just the same way Kpop fans called BTS’ US success “Western Validation” while other groups promoting and achieving some things in the US were regarded as “Western recognition” and “Asian representation” as if that makes a difference when we all know their fans’ eagerness for such success comes from the same place as ARMYs.

LMAO

There’s something about BTS that makes athletes want to listen to them:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So…BTS are the ONLY Korean idols with any kind of influence on the Korean public and who can uproot the entire system of the Korean music industry but at the same time, they’re also ONLY relevant and liked by a bunch of 12-year-old fangirls because nobody else outside this demographic cares or listens to them.

Make it make sense, please :pepewhat:

Some users here are convinced that BTS members are made of pure malice and hatred towards others and there’s not a single positive thing they do that has been done in good faith.

I’m really concerned. Y’all never dragged other top groups or even the kings and queens of 2nd Gen to play savior of the entire industry despite their massive influence yet BTS can only be worthwhile if they play superhero to everyone. :pepe-back-away:

Some of the hot takes in this thread though. Tell us you hate BTS without telling us you hate BTS. :pepewash:

You guys downplay them, their music and their impact at every turn but always want them to be 24-hour social activists to save your idols yet you’d never expect the same from your own top faves. The bar is on the ground for any other top group bar BTS and the hypocrisy is off the roof.

And how did some of you manage to twist Yoongi’s words, which are his expression of concern towards his peers based on his own experiences, into a thinly veiled plot to stop other rookie/nugu idols from blowing up in fame and taking BTS’ place? That’s some mental gymnastics you guys are pulling there. The same users who’d be camped on any possible controversy thread about BTS members hoping for them to fail or lose their popularity are now expecting them to upturn labour laws and uproot their entire country’s system.

The only reason some users here persist with the fandom-driven argument despite all stats proving otherwise is because this notion that only crazed fangirls aged 18 and below listen to BTS and no one outside this demographic bothers about them delegitimises every single hit song and success they’ve achieved. It’s just another way of saying literally every other top group is “mainstream” and “truly relevant” except for the actual #1 group.

Thing is, even if you look at the listener demographics of BTS’ hit songs like Dynamite, BWL and Butter, the top 3 age groups that stream these songs are in their 20s, 30s and 40s. Teens come in 4th. Their gender breakdown also shows a pretty big male percentage (impressive when this is usually a weakness for most BGs). Even Butter’s male to female ratio was similar to Next Level’s. When your listener base is that diverse, safe to say, the K-GP ARE Army or casual fans.

This doesn’t even count the fact that BTS and their smash hit songs have topped the Gallup surveys the past several years across all age groups, and they’ve been referenced and used as BGM is numerous K-dramas and TV shows. They’re DigiMons whether you like it or not.

Y’all arguing about BTS’ Japanese popularity with an unhinged Caucasian weeb from Chile who lives thousands of miles away from Japan and has called this very same group “slant-eyed” before. What did you expect? :pepe-clown-gear:

None of BTS’ Korean and Japanese singles have ever reached the heights of Dynamite and the rest of their English releases. After blowing up there, Dynamite was often covered on JP TV programs and school talent shows, got coverage from J-media on how popular it was, broke streaming records and kept reaching new streaming peaks in Japan weeks and months after its release. That’s not how fandom streaming behaves. Dynamite has been covered by many J-artists, converted many GP and Japanese public figures into becoming their listeners and led to BTS topping views on streaming platforms in Japan, including YouTube till today. That’s why Butter and PTD now both have huge numbers there too.

luck plays a huge role why BTS became so popular, they became huge after one direction disbandment. Zoomers wanted a new group to stan and BTS was the only option available during that time, so everyone jumped off to the bandwagon. There is really no difference to what BTS, straykids, TXT, NCT are doing, it's just good timing.

Also straykids are gaining a lot of attention lately they might become the next big thing, so keep an eye on them.

Y’all saying this as if there wasn’t a whole EXO reigning with a massive fanbase, snatching daesangs, and charting on Billboard throughout BTS’ rise….

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I freaked out when it happened and recorded it too lmao!

We can always trust Japan to show them some love.

When it first came out, I was a bit skeptical about it since I was anticipating a pure Brit Rock song but my friend immediately loved it. I was a bigger fan of Not Today because it was upbeat.

But ironically, it’s Spring Day that has aged so well and is such a timeless classic. I’m glad it eventually received the love it deserved in Korea over the years, with many people and singers covering it too!