Posts by Neurotic02

JYPE is probably as good as a big idol company is ever going to be, from raising employee wages to at least paying lip service to caring about their idols' mental health. Is it a "good" company? No, none of them are good. When you value someone's earning potential more than their well-being, you're never going to be "good". But compared to some of the other agencies around? I wouldn't say they're garbage tbh. Not good, not horrendous.

Same with JYP as a person. I honestly think the thing that draws so many people in is that he's super relatable and likable. He comes off as being more socially-conscious and progressive than I think he actually is and that serves him really well, especially with international fans. It's easier to gloss over someone's questionable behavior when everything else about them is likable.

I still can't believe JYP really got out of the whole "wait, he's in a cult and has access to trainees/idols at impressionable ages?" thing with nary a scratch despite just... not addressing it as he said he would. IDK if he was part of the cult or not, but when your wife is pretty deep into it...

What did he do really? I never bother to care anyone other than my ults (gen ask)

I mean well, idk why kpop stans hate him so much and keep calling him names. And I don't know whether ppl being serious or joking (feel free to tell me why). But when watching Honey and Dont Leave Me stage on Weverse Con I can say that man surely is a performer. In his 50s but still doing multiple songs and do the dance too. My 20s back could never

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Their debut was so obviously sagaeji it’s insane

Thee flop numbers after supposedly getting the most listened to song in sk is… hybe is t even trying to hide the sagaeji

I know this is late. But gurlll. How come when TWS doing good on charts they're sajaegi and if doing bad it's still sajaegi and flop? Make up your mind. I have repeatedly told you two about the reason why Plot Twist did great on chart and Pledis' lack of promotion but you again and again refuse to listen

To make it into baby language:

1. Plot Twist was released at the time of the school's new term. The song is all about handsome boys with cute and awkward lyrics first meeting at school. The Korean title literally "첫 만남은 계획대로 되지 않아 (The First Meeting Doesn't Go As Planned)". If you make a tiny effort to go to the MV's comment section you'll see KOREANS still leaving comments here and there saying how they miss the old kpop days as a former HOT fan or how their toddlers and babies like listening to the song or how they never been a fan of kpop groups but enjoy listening to Plot Twist. Just because your algorithm does not include Plot Twist does not mean the world revolves around you. Also this is SK we are talking about, not wherever you may come from
    2. Plot Twist was everywhere in SK. THE Park Myungsoo even requested them to come to his show. Running Man repeatedly plays it as bgm. Pongja in Omniscient Interfering View said she likes Shinyu and mentions TWS multiple times. Basically korean shows keep playing Plot Twist here and there for weeks. Dont get me started how PT was played as ELECTION LIVE VOTING BGM
    3. PLOT TWIST IS BIGGER THAN TWS. This, is the truth. I bet Pledis did not expect it to blow up. Sure, Pledis groups debut song have always garnered positive reviews from gp/knetz (e.g Nuest Face, SVT Adore U) but they DID NOT expect it to be this huge and PLEDIS DID NOTHING TO CAPITALIZE THAT. No korean shows, no radio shows, they only did 3 shows (MMTG, Spotify Youtube, ODG) and that's IT. A much more pitiful promotion compared to ILLIT which debuted months later. Even GIDLE did it better when they saw Fate was climbing the chart and decided to do music show promotion once again. So you cant really compare them to RIIZE and BM since SM and YGE basically shove those groups to everyone's throat. Pledis is Pledis, stupid as usual
    4. Lastly, if you wanna scream for sajaegi accusation then do it to QWER too or maybe some other soloists and groups that after having a hit the new song debuted lower. This is kinda tiring how TWS fans keep smashing their heads and giving middle fingers to Pledis because TWS lacks of promotion as a rookie and we also must face SM stans who have beef with Hybe + BSH and looking for some punching bag

Anyways, TWS actual comeback is on June 24. Lets just hope Pledis wont fuck up this time and actually give them a rookie promotion

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ANIME BOYS IS BACK

+ Honestly, ignore these people Neurotic02 . I’m glad to see you’re still around and active. This is why I don’t bother coming back to AKP. We used to have a ginormous community of carats, but people like these chased them all away.

I… didn’t think someone would still recognize me tbh lol. And yeah I agree, we used to have some active carats in akp they maybe only 1-3 right now. And also I’m happy that you’re still here too ahhzhsjjsjsjaj

For seventeen it was a best album/kinda like repackaged with insanely pricey tag. Kinda like 2x of normal albums and 1 kg weight. If you count that as normal albums it might already around 5M-6M (though I know we cant count it like that)

I think for Seventeen you gotta wait for their actual cb to see

External Content x.com

I knew Shinyu went viral several times on korea's instagram reels but to actually see the actual stream... and since TWS' fandom is still soooo small, I think most of the streams come from gp

External Content x.com

It sounds promising. I like it.

And shinyu is about to take over 5th gen bg fancam dominance :eyes:

External Content x.com

And that’s on PERIOD!! This screams high school anime. Ntm the main composer rarely work for korean songs and mainly japanese releases or jpop

Hey! Hey! Will be out on 5th June :finger-heart:

External Content x.com

but i watched many korean var/real shows that used Plot Twist as BGM in their shows. I think the song is viral in sokor but not many people know them.

Finally someone with an actual knowledge. Plot Twist has been played on a lof of shows esp Running Man (a couple of times) and STILL being played. Even as Sai (their fandom name) a lot of us acknowledge currently Plot Twist is bigger than TWS

But having a hit song as a rookie bg will definitely help them to have a good start. Which is good. The question is how Pledis gonna execute and milk Plot Twist’s success for the upcoming cb on 24th June

Good point. Not enough bg stans

I actually totally agree with this...bg stans have totally disappeared and let me tell you even the active Armys are 5% of what they were a few years back.

Now what are various the reasons behind bg stans leaving needs to be determined.

I will try to elaborate seriously:

I guess mostly because it’s become mentally draining to hype bgs here. Kpop success metric are digitals, sales, tours, merchs (might be more but that’s the main parts)

And tbh? I agree. TWS is the LEAST promoted rookie even compared to other nugu/mid sized rookie agencies. TWS also hasn’t come to a ANY radio shows

in korea, they literally everywhere. Even some big shows blatantly asking them to come to their shows (aka THE Park Myungsoo, he even cosplayed as Shinyu). There are a lot of instances where artists say they dont really follow idols but they like TWS (too lazy to search the video)

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

But Pledis just being Pledis. After TWS’ debut, TWS only has 2, TWO, korean activities which is SSG Landers (first pitch) & Akaraka. The rest are in Japan

pasted-from-clipboard.png