Posts by SMsKKSilence

rather than mean or selfish or fake or anything like that, I've always had the impression that Chaewon has a lot of confidence, in a sassy but slightly condescending way, like Cute but catty. Think Sharpay from HSMS.

Edit: As for her response about her taste in guys she entitled to her own opinion (she was freaking kid back then anyway) only weird older men who weren't her type would be mad.

Hitomi is one of my favorites in Iz*One and I think she's super cute but its true that she doesn't fit the conventional beauty standard. Nako is in a similar situation due to her height. It's honestly a shame. They are more likely to be picked to be put in a group only if it's large and needs extra members.

You clearly don't know anything about Iz*One and I don't want to waste time arguing with you. I have a short fuse when it comes to nonsense so I'm holding my tongue. What I wrote earlier is so people who aren't completely unaware about the situation don't get the wrong idea. Also, google is free. It don't take nothing but a few clicks to educate yourself about a group.

Iz*One was not carried by AKB wotas fans in Japan.

2#

Majority of AKB fans are old, uncle fans many of which actually hate Kpop and did not support Iz*One and are probably the main ones who are mad.

Majority of Iz*Ones fans in Japan are women, or Kpop fans.

The AKB members were not sole reason for Iz*One album sales in Japan. Outside of Sakura, most of the Korean members outsold both Nako and Hitomi. Minju, Chaewon, Wonyoung, and Yuri for example.

how many times do we have to explain the same thing over and over before you guys understand that Iz*One is and has never been "Sakura and friends" or "AKB members and friends" 🙄

Juri comparison is a false equivalent. Again, AKB wotas don't care about Kpop. If Sakura had run off to join a nugu group in a small company she would likely be no better off than Juri right now. But Sakura joined Iz*One. A group from a big name company that had all the connections, hype, and fanbase pre-established so she did well because she was able to gain access to a bigger fan base off the bat. Juri does not have that privilege. She has to start from the very bottom to build a fanbase since her group is nugu from a mid company. Basically: Sakura does not need wotas anymore and if she wasn't aware of it herself she may have went back to HKT48. Whatever girl group she joins is going to do well no matter what because it will a BigHit girl group and she now has a new fanbase comprised of Kpop fans willing to support her.

Even if Sakura went back to HKT what left is there for her to achieve? Not only has AKB48 has been flopping for a while, going down hill and being beaten by the 46 groups, but she already won #2 place (or #3?) Sousenkyo. She is 22 and no longer on the younger side for most Jpop idol girls. And the average AKB girl gets paid like $11 dollars and hour. Bigger earners like Sakura get fixed salaries of like 200k a year. She would make more as a Kpop idol.

The more I think of it, the more I do not like the idea she is joining bighit. AKB48 fans are missing her, and it is potentially destroying her fanbase like Juri.

AKB fans are inconsequential. I don't know if people don't realize this, but majority of AKB fans (old, creepy men) never followed Iz*One. Iz*One's main fan base in Japan were women and people who were already Kpop fans. Sakura in the meanwhile has gained way more fans than she had in AKB and is now on a global scale. Basically: she doesn't really need them. Furthermore AKB is on its last leg anyway, it nowhere near where it once was in terms of popularity, and Sakura was going to graduate sooner or later, so it makes sense she does it now while the iron is still hot and her global popularity is high.

BigHit also can open way more doors for her.

I think she made a very smart choice.

Juri is where she is at now because unlike Sakura, she never joined a major label or group, and didn't get to gain the same amount of news fans. AKB fans don't care about Kpop groups so Juri went in knowing she was going to have to start all over to gain fans.

This is interesting. I didn't know about WM or 8D. I agree though. I liked and supported Iz*One a lot, but I think there were things Swings and OTR could have done better. The members still have so much potential and I think they will finally get the opportunity to showcase it and show their own individual colors.

Rather than an ending, I see this as a new beginning. The real survival begins now and I'm excited to see how the girls grow from here.