Posts by GucciBang

that’s why pre 2016, streaming is not strong as currently, you can see many songs released before 2016/2017 easy to get high download than after 2017. However, remember longevity need to be 2,3 years like SD to actually consider as longevity. And also, right now, nearly half of the chart 1 years old on Melon, which means it is hard to tell whether the hits are good enough to seen as national hits. Just please not compare to SD as it is very different. SD also has uls on Melon, stream on Melon and genie to say

That's why we need to adopt to the changes and not stuck with the old one! The Melon chart during 2nd gen was based mostly on downloads, and streaming later added, while most of the 3rd gen era was based on real time streams, uls and downloads (which was later removed). Now, it's only uls but most of the people here blaming the new system as the reason why LSG stays longer and their fave not entering the top 10.

Longevity doesn't need to take 2 to 3 years of charting, what are you talking about? You sound like all you know is BTS

LSG is few days away to tie the all time longevity records on Melon for girlgroups and it will certainly set a new record at this point. LSG is even doing better in longevity game than D4 at the same rate on other charts, not just on Melon. The other charts are dominated by recent releases btw while the "old songs" you are talking about in Melon is not even competing with LSG in the top 10 chart. The current Melon chart, is the real representation of what majority of the users are listening to, no random system generated playlists and very little to no fandom manipulation.

I'm not comparing lsg to sd, both songs are different, i'm just saying that a song can be considered a national hit based on longevity just like sd back then. LSG spending more than 4 months in Melon top 10, joining dynamite as the only 3rd gen group songs to ever achieved that. And BlackPink joining BTS and BigBang as the only kpop groups to ever achieved that feat, BlackPink deserves better credit that this!

SD longevity back in the day was very different nowadays, chart back in 2017-2018 is very fast moving. Only SD, EDEM, TTN can be seen as a national hits by that standard. However, the new chart changes a lot, 60% of top 100 is more than half a year old, 40% of them is at least 1 year old, which is significantly compared back to 2017-2019 chart. LSG is huge hit but not to say it is level of SD yet.

That's basically my point, we can't compare songs from different climate bc if we talk about fast moving then the charts pre-2016 was even more fast moving than 2016-2018 (Melon's peaked eras) Songs charting more than a year at that time was very unheard of meaning very rare as it usually happens to seasonal songs only. That's why most of the longevity records happened in 3rd gen but that doesn't mean, 3rd gen's national hits are superrior than the previous generations. Leads me to my other point that we should only basing the songs success to the current climate. People bringing up LSG's "poor uls" as if 99% of the songs since the reform is getting the same amount of uls, when everyone even IU affected by the decrease of uls. Then they tell you, chart system is different before and now which is true buuuuut LSG has very poor uls so it can't be a national hit coz it's not getting 700k uls daily average for 3 weeks like D4, who is getting 700k uls now? Only IU for few days and dynamite for like a day or 2? These people doesn't even know that LSG has a total amount of uls (the last time i checked) as the Refund Sisters song aka the song with the highest daily uls recorded (almost reached 1M uls on 2nd day) since the reform. Then comparing it to dynamite, as if dynamite is not one of the biggest, if not the biggest song in kpop history based on chart performance (considering only the current climate ofc) and media coverage (maybe 2nd to GS only) is kinda unfair for BlackPink. We can't judge if a song is a national hit by comparing it to another national hits especially not with songs like Dynamite or Gangnam Style coz if that's the case, then no idol group from before and in the present would be considered as national hit since it didn't do well as good as dynamite or gangnam style. Also, unless there's a rule saying only 1 national hit at a time which by the way, there's none then we can have 2 or more national hits at the same time, afterall koreans has diverse taste in music. Go figure!

Also I have to point out that I only brought up Spring Day bc it's the song from 3rd gen that undeniably became a national hit based on longevity. I'm not here to compare the 2 but if you want me to tell you, LSG at the same time is doing better than SD, daily average uls and charts position wise. Anyway as I am saying, SD doesn't have the biggest daily average uls, nor it dominate or oblirate the competition nor had the media coverage during its time wc is btw, LSG was getting media buzz but ofc not comparable to dynamite obv.. but yeah LSG should never be considered as one bc iTs LonGevItY iS SoLely Bc oF tHe New MeLoN ChaRt sYstEm.. Meanwhile on Flo

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did Flo changed their chart system recently too?

LSG have broken the longevity records on Melon during the time where every other kpop group songs besides dynamite struggles to enter the top 10 chart. LSG deserves better credit than this!

Absolutely! I remember an argument I had with some armys who told me that Spring Day is a national hit after it is still charting for a little more than a year at that time and by then, I learn the hard way. If SD is considered as one w/o staying on top 10 for as long as LSG then it make sense to consider LSG as national hit. All excuses from the new chart system, its uls, not being #1 and Dynamite being bigger doesn't make sense to me. Dynamite is indeed bigger and it even felt bigger than other National Hits from the past from the amount of buzz and news it made in Korea alone but doesn't make dynamite way above them either. Also where did you get the idea that National Hits can't co-exist at the same time? If Refund Sisters'song only had longevity, you won't be making such excuses for sure. About its uls, I was one of the people who think that a song should have 700k uls in average for atleast 2 weeks to be considered as one but with the new system, that's impossible to do now, not even dynamite was able to do that and definitely not Spring Day either, what we need to consider is the climate. Later on, when only IU's songs (and variety show songs) is/are the only songs capable of reaching 700k uls daily and hardly no idol songs can, you will get what I mean then.

And lastly about the new system, the most funny excuse, you guys are just pure anti of BP who can't accept defeat. If anything, the new system is just making songs harder to chart, we've seen songs reaching top 10 for a day or 2 and free falling. We've seen Refund Sisters aka the most hyped up song by koreans and also the last song to almost surpass 1M uls, falling like a rock after just few weeks and dare you try to say that hit songs in the new Melon chart are living the advantage of staying on charts longer? so with that logic, the RS song or even Sssak3 songs weren't a hit then? Just recently alone, 1 certain fanbase was so damn hyped up and proud after their fave have broken the Melon top 10 with the new system, why they hyped them up? Because they know how hard it is to break into it now, when some huge names can't even chart on top 10 and others struggled to stay even a week despite being huge names in public but when it comes to BP they will always find a way to belittle, so pathetic!

Time will come, no idol songs will able to stay in the top 10 for 100 days or even half the time of LSG now besides being #1 for weeks on Melon then what? Does that mean no National Hits from idols will ever be known again according to most of the logics here.

LSG's total uls is steadily increasing so still alot of people discovering the song and it seems like the song will stay on top 10 for few more weeks and it might even do better than Akmu's hcilthb overall which is also by the way a National Hit on its own right as well.

I don't think (G)I-DLE aims at overthrowing BP. They're just trying to have fun doing the music they wanna do ie. their own music. They just have to be successful enough so they can continue. No need to take the undisputed #1 crown. It's not

That's not relevant to my question. In case you didn't noticed the sarcasm, the question is meant for "those people who said this group and that group will end BlackPink since debut" just like this user, only for The Pinks to end themselves by outdoing and breaking their own records every comeback. It's always BlackPink the victim of this shit since 2017 and we are tired, so can't helped but to ask when exactly they gonna end BlackPink lol

RV's next title track will perform similarly to I Can't Top Melon by Twice

The 4 members of BlackPink will renew their contract at YGE w solo activities as the main goal, the group will be in indefinite hiatus

StayC and Weeekly will blow up in korea soon but they will be local af. Each group will debut their own IT Girl

Big4 girlgroups will be the biggest Internationally but YGNGG will be the 4g's BP

No IT Girl from Itzy and Aespa

Soyeon's tone is not really my cup of tea. I think she is the 4th gen's CL, tho she is more choreo oriented while CL was more of a stage controller. Both are all rounder, very talented and extremely charismatic but has this screechy/shouty voice. I don't like that!

Anyway people have been saying (or more of wishing) them to end BlackPink since debut, it's tiring. So tell us how many comeback gidle needs to make and Cube to invest more money for them to officially end BlackPink in the west? It's been like 2 or 3 years and gidle has yet to released a song that is comparable to AIIYL stats aka the first BP song to chart on Billboard and that was 4 years ago where the chart was more competitive. Gidle had the hype and the clout as the girlgroup to end BP since debut, multiple comebacks in and they have yet to do that, what makes you think they have the slightest chance now with BP's current status lol

Why do I have a feeling that this is just an intro and Roslay will gonna switch to 180 degree and surprise us all.. like don't get me wrong, the guitar, the melody and the lyrics already stucked into my head and the mv and roslay already look stunning from that few seconds alone but when YG said the production of the mv is one of the most expensive, I am expecting the most spectacular set and extravagant background there is and not this "type of mv" if you know what I mean..