How much did BLACKPINK change the brand ambassador game in KPOP?

Approved the thread.
  • What does that even mean? Lots of groups and idols are brand ambassadors. Suzy, Yoona, Irene, IU, SNSD, Twice etc have endorsed tons of products years before BP got going.

• What does that even mean? Lots of groups and idols are brand ambassadors. Suzy, Yoona, Irene, IU, SNSD, Twice etc have endorsed tons of products years before BP got going.

It means that just after BP you could see full groups (plural bc a few individuals is different of some groups) being BA, you can see how important fashion is in kpop, yes even more than before. It changed bc BP are known ww for it's fashion and people wanting to admit it or not, yes, others are also having the opportunity to a global scale thanks to BP influence. They took this ba thing to a whole new level and they are this impactful when majority of kpop articles that talk about fashion and its influence in kpop, BP girls are there being mentioned and their pics being used as the example. And when talking about fashion overall, not just kpop, BP girls are also mentioned.

• Well they definitively proved that making music need not be the primary focus of Kpop idols, that can be an occasional past time while modeling, endorsing, ambassador-ing can be the primary activities.

• Well they definitively proved that making music need not be the primary focus of Kpop idols, that can be an occasional past time while modeling, endorsing, ambassador-ing can be the primary activities.

Man I’m just asking a question no need to shade Blackpink here

• I was literally just thinking about this, did you see A's latest Givenchy frump parade too?

Blackpink changed it - but not in a good way. I don't think Aespa would be shackled to Givenchy right out of the gate and Itzy trying to make Burberry work if not for Blackpink and their ambassadorships. It's become a necessary status symbol. Already stans are discussing who IVE and Lesserafim should "get" like these designer brands are party favors.

Even in Blackpink I don't like how it changed them. Not Jisoo and Jennie too much because they don't fit the classic Chanel and Dior image so they can retain their own style within it, but Rose and Lisa are basically YSL Girl and Celine Girl now, like they've been absorbed into the brands. They had a more fun image before. 4th gen GG stans should enjoy the pre-ambassadorship phase, because it's a rapid descent into dowdytown once it happens.

What are you going on about? Do you understand the term Fashion Icons? That's what each member is. Literally. No exaggeration. There's a massive difference between being Global Ambassadors and the face of a luxury brand and people hired to be one of the thousands respresenting their brand.

Congrats to OP for yet another troll thread though.

• Nothing? I mean congrats to them for their successful fashion careers I'm not going to deny that but people were already brand ambassadors before and I'd bet something like kpop being more popular and the influencer lifestyle/marketing strategy is what is changing things

• I asked what is the difference between an idol and a singer

Someone replied that an idol does everything

So they do their idol job, like all idols who have opportunity

more or less music activities .. the essential for company is "making money"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!