What Influenced Your Political Leaning The Most?

• Which One Influenced You The Most? 6

1. Personal Identity (4) 67%
    2. News (2) 33%
    3. Family (1) 17%
    4. Media (1) 17%
    5. Religion (1) 17%
    6. Genetics (0) 0%
    7. Other (0) 0%
    8. Peers (0) 0%

Hello! So, it turns out that quite a lot influences our political leanings. The seven main things I have heard of are:

* Family ~ Since you spend so much time around family members, their political leaning may rub off on you.

* Genetics ~ Some studies have been conducted and found that up to one third of our political leanings/beliefs can be contributed, at least in part, to genetics.

* Media ~ What we see portrayed in artwork, music, books, TV shows, movies and so on.

* News ~ What you read in the news, and the way in which it is skewed, could play a part.

* Peers ~ The political leanings your friends and the people around you have, including people both online and offline.

* Personal Identity ~ Things such as your outlook on life, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, race, culture and so on can all contribute to your political leaning.

* Religion ~ Some religions are more likely to lean one way than other religions.

Which one(s) do you think contributed the most and least to your current political standing/beliefs? Why? Is there one you think I missed? What is it? Feel free to elaborate as much or as little as you would like to. I also made a poll for this one as well, in case you want a quick summary of the results. Since politics are so controversial, I have hidden the participants in this one as well, but feel free to share your answers below if you would like to. Have a great day/night!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!