Why are there so few Blinks left??

• Some other threads and comments made me think about it and realise this: the number of Blinks are so few on this site.

The biggest, most active fandoms by far on this site are Army and Once, no competition at all.

Which is odd, because internationally Blackpink are still the biggest, their social media and videos, even the ones reviewing and talking about Blackpink on other people's channels, have phenomenal numbers of views.

So what happened?? Did they move en masse to another site, due to dissatisfaction with this site or because they were banned? Did they stop being Blinks and moved on to other groups that became their main bias? Or have there always been far fewer Blinks on AKP than you would expect based on their international popularity?

Approved the thread.
  • You think akp is the only place kpop fans go? That's rich.

• what do you expect blinks to talk about?

there is literally nothing to do except for whining about new music or hype up the latest instagram update from one of the members... if the fandom was a bit more creative they could come up with stuff like wordle or heardle like btschartdata & keep blinks entertained, but it's just solo's fighting atm

• Ves

Obviously I meant biggest among girl groups, if the context wouldn't have made that clear already.

But sure, immediately draw a conclusion to mock and ridicule 1 line that wasn't even the topic in a post, it's not as if people are doing that continuously on main, to attack the thread poster instead of asking for clarification, trying to consider different perspectives and viewpoints or have a serious discussion about a topic.

That said, even if it was about Blackpink being the biggest girl group internationally, there are some things that Blackpink surpass BTS in, like social media like instagram followers or youtube view counts for their top MV's.

• go to twitter. There are some blinks there.

• Really? I'm surprised there are still this many Blinks left, even when their favs do absolutely nothing to be talked about.

• btw there's not much content from bp to discuss on. no content = less discussion about BP = less blink users

• When did that happen?

And were they the top biggest gg fandom before that on AKP? Or at least 1 of the top biggest and most active?

Yeah they were very active.

They were banned during the forum revamp for continuously attacking users baselessly in a group among several other things.

• Yes to all this, plus the in-fighting. Some of the supposed OT4's on here were actually OT1's or OT2's, there was a lot of drama in the DM's.

• there are some, you will know because of the name of the users

also in a site where they are discriminated by the news staff (main news section) and users

we see thousands of news about the most ridiculous situations from BTS, AESPA, ACTORS, OTHER ARTIST. They will post anything they say, do or other people say about them. Their pets, interactions, whatever.

but if they post about Blackpink you will see the comments...this is akp, why do i need to see this news about them :rolleyes::cursing:

• There are a bunch of blinks on other social media, they dominate there among ggs. Forums have always had more sm stans for some strange reason and I say strange because sm groups hardly dominate internationally

• I read the other thread that quoted this one, where people were saying 'BP are on hiatus, nothing much to talk about, thus very little Blink activity and very few Blinks around'.

Which true, but when SNSD, 2NE1 and Big Bang had long content draughts, Blackjack, Sone and VIPs were still very much active and around, even the largest and most active groups even in the periods between comebacks.

I'm trying to figure out why it's different this time, at least when it comes to Blinks.

I know that there have been some major conflicts on forum in the past, and that in those times large numbers of some fandoms left en masse to some other small, obscure K-pop forums.

I guess that in 1 of those conflicts, a lot of Blinks left as well or got banned, and that most of the remaining, still active ones are multistans and not Blink-onlys.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!