Kdrama was bigger than kpop in 2nd gen and kpop became bigger than kdrama in 3rd gen

• True or false?

In terms of hallyu.

And for third Gen not just BTS but you can consider it average popularity across all top groups like exo twice nct 17 etc….and similarlay for kdrama it’s not just squid game but overall average popularity of a hit drama.

What do you guys think. For me this is true because I was already watching kdrama prior to 2013 but never felt like listening to kpop. Like I can say boys over flower was bigger than kpop of that time. But I don’t think I can say…goblin was bigger than kpop.

What do you guys think?

• i agree, tbh! but kdramas are getting more popular again especially with the larger variety that netflix has now :eyes:

• Agreed. I still know way more people who watch kdramas regularly than listen to kpop regularly, but now more people are aware of kpop and groups than in previous years.

• i agree, tbh! but kdramas are getting more popular again especially with the larger variety that netflix has now :eyes:

Yeah this too in the last couple of years because of Netflix kdrama is catching up again but I also feel they’re a bit stereotyped where only their gory post apocalyptic dramas are doing well. :pepe-hehe:

I agree with this as well. DramaFever getting shut down lost a lot of casual viewers who had caught onto them from their partnerships with other streaming services. Netflix has padded out their catalog extremely well and are picking up a lot of people.

• Yeah this too in the last couple of years because of Netflix kdrama is catching up again but I also feel they’re a bit stereotyped where only their gory post apocalyptic dramas are doing well. :pepe-hehe:

im still waiting for them to put what's wrong with secretary kim on netflix so i can watch the cringe in 4k

• I agree with this as well. DramaFever getting shut down lost a lot of casual viewers who had caught onto them from their partnerships with other streaming services. Netflix has padded out their catalog extremely well and are picking up a lot of people.

definitely. they've upped their game with foreign shows ive noticed because i also watch a lot of bollywood movies and they have or are starting to get some really good ones for that as well! :jisoo7:

i just hope they get some more iconic kdramas like goblin in the US :jisoo3:

• Kekeke it really was cringe esp the second half 😭😭😭

i feel like the funniest part about all of it was the older brother FULLY believing it was him and the younger one going along with it to keep the family together (i don't even remember their names anymore) :jennie1:

like if my older sibling did that id be like are you fr right now? :rose4:

• I don’t mind serious or non romance drama like I enjoyed Beyond Evil or even stuff like Law School and Stranger… those drama deserve way more hype than these ones 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️

YES SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACKK

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!