So why is the hate toward SMU NY con reinvigorated? People we are well into 2022......

• So why is the hate toward SMU NY con reinvigorated? People we are well into 2022 and people still talk of it like it was some kinda of political manifesto to brain wash LMAO

Also people keep saying SM losing money over it being free

Imagine being a big ass company that sells tons of Albums, Merchs, Concert Tix to lots of fandom, and still not being able to offer a free concert at new year. If that concert made a dent in their finances, they should close shops for realz

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It was like this last year too. People got mad when it was announced, then when it happened, then after it happened, and then after the viewer numbers came out. Like jfc why? Either you watched it and had fun or you didn't and missed out. No one lost anything. No one was held hostage during it.

Obviously the 2021 show did well enough that they increased the budget for 2022. Time will tell if they thought it was worth the cost and if we'll have a show in 2023. Unless you work for company there's really no reason to care imo.

• It was like this last year too. People got mad when it was announced, then when it happened, then after it happened, and then after the viewer numbers came out. Like jfc why? Either you watched it and had fun or you didn't and missed out. No one lost anything. No one was held hostage during it.

Obviously the 2021 show did well enough that they increased the budget for 2022. Time will tell if they thought it was worth the cost and if we'll have a show in 2023. Unless you work for company there's really no reason to care imo.

Im just wondering why did the hate was raised up again this week? like it was dying down and now suddenly people who dont even stan SM groups are crying about it again

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Im just wondering why did the hate was raised up again this week? like it was dying down and now suddenly people who dont even stan SM groups are crying about it again

Because there was some report that the Hybe Weversecon was a loss. That's really all it takes.

The shows aren't even comparable because one was paid and one was free and yet here we are.

• Because there was some report that the Hybe Weversecon was a loss. That's really all it takes.

The shows aren't even comparable because one was paid and one was free and yet here we are.

Ha

Now it make sense why people are acting like SM used their money for the con

Anyway if the quality stays the same, I dont mind throwing 5 to 10 bucks at LSM for it

2022 show was much better

• The concert is great and enjoyable, the fans are loving it, everything was fun and perfect. Let the company mind and manage their finance :|

It was like this last year too. People got mad when it was announced, then when it happened, then after it happened, and then after the viewer numbers came out. Like jfc why? Either you watched it and had fun or you didn't and missed out. No one lost anything. No one was held hostage during it.

Oh i remember the sequence of all of these :zipr:

• Arent most sm family concerts if even paid go to charity rather than to sm itself?

also ever heard of marketing strategies? if you wanna pay so bad buy more albums and merch rather than taking out the fun from it lol

The sponser money for it, plus donations from SM as a company and their artists all went to charity.

Its just too much hate for a wholesome event

• The only hate it deserves is for not having Oh!GG 8)

That I agree

I would even liked a full snsd comeback

• Ha

Anyway if the quality stays the same, I dont mind throwing 5 to 10 bucks at LSM for it

Same. It was a fun show. I wasn't sure which platform to watch it on because so many of the year end gayos had buffering/cutting out issues on YouTube, but I had no problem. The video quality was fucking flawless and I enjoyed almost every single performance even from the artists I wasn't a fan of. It was a nice way to pass the night.

• The concert is great and enjoyable, the fans are loving it, everything was fun and perfect. Let the company mind and manage their finance :|

Oh i remember the sequence of all of these :zipr:

I do think companies with alot of sales and big fandoms, benefit alot from doing free nice things once in a while

Some people might not be able to afford to pay for it now, but if they stay engaged as a fan, they will eventually

• Ha

Sm really upgraded the quality by a lot this year compared to last year's concert. Even the teaser alone is so great. I agree with you, if they keep this quality, or maybe even upgrade it, in the future i wouldn't mind paying.

I do think companies with alot of sales and big fandoms, benefit alot from doing free nice things once in a while

Some people might not be able to afford to pay for it now, but if they stay engaged as a fan, they will eventually

I agree, the free concert is really nice. I used to not be able to afford paying for concert (or for any merch actually) but lately i've been more involved and after seeing the quality that sm can offer with their online concert, i will definitely be more ready to pay in the future if they decide to charge it.

• Because the company of their fave aint having one for their faves so they got mad.. they wouldn't even complain a slightest bit if it is their fave that having free concert.

Well if they want a change, shouldnt they make the other companies notice instead of SM? Idk send mass emails or trucks or whatever kpop fans do these days

Its not like SM will stop bc of nonfans response

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!