What do u think about feminism?

• Feminism in itself is fine: It's certain individuals that twist its intent to suite their agendas that's the problem. As with any other school of thought.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• In my opinion, the patriarchy is very much alive; However, I think that women have been slowly succeeding in making it less present in society.

Not to be confused with radical feminism by the way. Decent femenists know that the movement is about equal rights for both genders, not about making the female gender seem superior to the male.

Something I dislike about lots of feminists is that they can get too nitpick-y. There are lots of things that some feminists believe are misogynist or correlated to gender, when in reality they are the ones blowing these tiny things out of proportion. It keeps us from looking at the bigger picture and focusing on solving situations that actually affect us.

out of service

• Feminism, is only possible because of

1. automation of most economic/war activity, which made the superior physical strength of men a non-factor for most activity.

2. advancements in medicine - reproductive control, better survival rates during pregnancy and child birth etc., which allow women not to be out of action during the prime age of their life.

But social values generally lag behind other changes and feminism was a good movement to prod society to catchup. It still is needed in some societies in some ways

However the recent Woke movement is casting as though men across history conspired across cultures/geographies - even 1000, 2000 years back, to oppress women and morally responsible - toxic masculinity etc.

And in many societies, it is going overboard with gynocentric laws, actually disfavouring men in many ways.

So there will be a backlash as well.

The problem with the 'left', is that they are very good in identifying issues in the society, but are bad in solving them, they tend to go overboard and cause more damage than cure. Feminism is reaching that point, where its benefits are negated by it cons.

It is focusing on foolish optical issues, rather than substantial issues of ordinary women.

And now, is actually suffering due to the new favorite of the wokes - LGBTQ+, having transgender former-men competing in women's sports, is a perfect example. Even feminists now can't speak up for women in such cases.

But anyway, that is the nature of society - pull and push,

• Another -ism that gets trapped in the theoretical and metaphysical but often overlooks the realities women face and the choices they make

You can be for women's rights and safety without having to put a 'badge' on yourself

• Ofc I'm for feminism. To be against it is really bizarre in my opinion. Forced gender roles suck, for everyone, and I can't see why I would want them to stick around.

But feminism is pretty normalized here. It's pretty rare to find people who don't call themselves feminists, at least amongst the younger generation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!