Why didn't Aespa win a Daesang at MAMA?

• Besides for worldwide fans choice, mama didn't have voting for any awards this year.

Thanks. Like I stated I'm not sure about criteria for award shows. If any of my favs win I'll be happy. If not I just ignore it. The performances during award show season is all I look forward to.

If I say anything incorrect please correct me and I will edit my comment accordingly. I'm also very sarcastic so please don't take anything I say to heart.

• Wut? NL blew away Butter in digitals, it's not even close anymore. More ULs on Melon, more Gaon points on Gaon, and the margins increase every day. NL is like 17 on the daily Melon chart while Butter has dropped all the way to 28 or so.

Don't award shows use melon? Yeah NL had more ULs but it wasn't by much. I wanna say Butter had 500M ULs. Even if we say NL had 600M ULs that still wouldn't be enough to close the gap in physical sales. Even if you wanna say streams. Butter had a massive head start. NL had better longevity but it's not like Butter didn't have any longevity in the charts. Butter just has too big of a head start that it you would need a song that Aespa's song might not be able to beat it in streams (I don't think we can see streams on Melon, right?). Aespa might have done better than Butter in digitals but it wasn't by a huge margin. However, in physicals BTS beat Aespa by a factor of 3. Did Aespa even release a physical album for NL? Not sure how weighted physicals are. Frankly I don't underestand why physicals are counted for SONG of the year but whatever. And there is that annoying called judges score. I hate this category more then anything since it is sooo sketchy and opinionated.

If I say anything incorrect please correct me and I will edit my comment accordingly. I'm also very sarcastic so please don't take anything I say to heart.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!