Do you think aespa will remain the top gg of 4th gen for the next years or will they get itzyed by a gg that didn't debut yet?

Approved the thread.
  • it's not impossible

but also, SM is somewhat more competent than JYPE

• I think Hybe stan power will wipe them out with their new gg.

• Yes either top group or top 2 it’s set in stone they’ve achieved what no other girl groups has. Groups like that never go out of date :pepe-notes:

• It's only the beginning of the gen so probably not. I bet the overall top group of the gen haven't even debuted yet.

Just look at how it went in 3rd gen. Exo were at a top that seemed unreachable now look at how things played out. They're barely holding on to 2nd place and can't even chart in Korea anymore.

Or Twice who broke massive records at the very beginning of their career but have been completely eclipsed by blackpink in everything.

I think just like itzy, their concept will get old quick in a few years time and people will move on. Additionally sm fans will definitely moved on if something shiny and new is presented to them from Sm. Look at how quick rv stans ditched red velvet for aespa on akp alone. Layouts and allegiance changed as soon as aespa teasers were out.

• aespa is currently SM main gg.

The only one who could sabotaged them is SM. As long as they haven't debut another SMNGG which will be their main they will be fine.

• Red velvet where never dominate like aespa stop being delusional y'all make up anything at this point.

Aespaw got 2 daesangs ROTY and best GG and y'all think they're being replaced soon? Did itzy or red velvet ever dominate like aespa? Hell no. Itzy had worst digitals than Gidle and worst physicals than Iz One. Aespa has top tier stats in both. Red velvet was always washed by twice and blackpink.

You all have got to stop being delusional a group like aespa just doesn't flop they're the 4th gen GG its better y'all accept it now.

SNSD BLACKPINK now aespa I seem to stan the top ggs of their gen huh.

• Calm down and read my reply again. Your comprehension is way off tf. I compared aespa to twice and exo who had explosive rookie years not rv. Exo and twice had arguably bigger years than aespa but still didn't make it on top.

In case you still don't understand what I'm saying, nothing is set in stone, 4th gen literally just began. There are already a number of groups from other companies that have been hyped for ages and dark horses we haven't noticed yet. The 4th gen fight for top gg may end up just as competitive as the bg one in a few years.

I used rv to show how fast sm fans are willing to move on as soon as sm debuts a new group.

As for the last part of your post ^^ ... anyway

• aespa is a trend. They got lucky with no new debuts this year and no blackpink comeback. No one will remember them with influx of girl groups and blackpink comeback next year.

• I don't know honest. It depends on whether or not a company releases a new group within that time frame and the predicted success of that group.

• aespa won't stay on top for long. hybengg, jypngg, ygngg are coming and one of those groups is bound to take them down.

• That new bighit x min heejin gg is definitely one to look out for. They already have so much fans waiting for them and everyone is tuning in. I think they can easily become the top 4th gen gg.

• Rookie EXO in 2013 had a national hit and revived the physical sales market, selling 1M with a repackage and becoming the first group to do so in years. Rookie Twice in 2016 delivered national hit Cheer Up followed by smash TT, breaking global YT records and already selling almost 400k when the top gg of 2nd gen had never been broken 500k with a Korean album. Arguably Twice and Exo had bigger rookie years than Aespa yet ended up being washed by BP and BTS in the end. No telling who the 4th gen leader will be until all the major fourth gen girl groups have debuted

• :legend-bee: I think you may be right.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!