For the people who're confused by NFT

• Will you buy NFT ? 17

1. Yes (0) 0%
    2. No (17) 100%

I know a lot of companies are joining the NFT world , my sister sent me this video (she's not into tech or cryptocurrency) and I think this is one of the best explanation for kpop fans to understand NFT and if they want to join it

I'm just curious, I know a lot of kpop fans like physical content more than digital content, and I'm sure when you buy NFT the price will go higher (people see it as good investment)

• Do you prefer digital contents or physical contents?
    • Will you buy NFT?

External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• nope, kpop photocards will always be superior!

Until they stop making them for collectable NFT Kpop cards lol. I can see some companies doing that, since they don't have to spend the money on actually printing them.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Until they stop making them for collectable NFT Kpop cards lol. I can see some companies doing that, since they don't have to spend the money on actually printing them.

then fans will stop buying physical albums (getting albums for the photo book will become less important) fans mostly collect photo card

• I don't know, but I have already invested in environment-friendly cryptocurrencies. I am not investing in Bitcoin because of that reason. For NFT I still want to collect more data on what I want to do with it.

• then fans will stop buying physical albums (getting albums for the photo book will become less important) fans mostly collect photo card

I honestly don't get the point of albums, CDs is a dead medium. Companies already sell separate photobooks.

Honestly, the only reason for any of these things is for people that want physical goods in their hands, even with photobooks you can get tons of better or just as good photos for free from the artists Instagram page (in HD without print errors).

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• I honestly don't get the point of albums, CDs is a dead medium. Companies already sell separate photobooks.

Honestly, the only reason for any of these things is for people that want physical goods in their hands, even with photobooks you can get tons of better or just as good photos for free from the artists Instagram page (in HD without print errors).

I was saying the same thing few days ago to another kpop fan , I only buy physical album of Japanese release because it's hard to get legal digital copy , multiple fans argued that digital sales doesn't help idol ear a lot and they don't want to pay each month for a service that they won't use it everyday or so. physical albums contribute to charts (and idols make a lot by selling them) idk If you think about it , for small groups that doesn't sell 50k-100k copy then cancelling physical albums might affect their mental health (negative thought, they're in small company and they don't see any result of their hard work, it's already hard for these groups to sell physical albums or get into tvshow so imagine the struggle that they will have to do good on youtube or other media platform)

I think music CDs are still in increase in japan but maybe not the rest of the world, however there have been increase in vinyl sales and I think maybe kpop will focus on vinyl &cassette more than CD

According to Statista, cassette sales in the United States grew from 74 million in 2015 to 219 million in 2018, with continuing growth.

With cassettes becoming a popular medium, local record labels have jumped in on the cassette crescendo.

source

[Article]Cassette sales double in a year with Lady Gaga best-selling album on tape

not sure how accurate are these datas

Infographic: The Rise and Fall of the Compact Disc | Statista

Infographic: The Vinyl Comeback Continues | Statista

• I don't know if artists really make and money from physicals sales either. I think the problem with what artists make come from the way contracts are set up with labels, I don't know about Korea but most of the revenue from actual music sales go to paying back the debt that artist owe to the labels, the money used to make music and promote it belongs to the labels. This money has to be paid back as it is essentially a loan to the artist.

I think most of the personal income for artists comes from touring and brand deals/cfs.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Edited once, last by Yseki ().

• I think most of the personal income for artists comes from touring and brand deals/cfs.

yeah most of it come from tours and cfs that's a fact, however if you think about smaller group I don't think they will be able to pay back their debt so I think for them physical albums sales might help , because getting cf or be able to hold a concert not easy

• I think that you did the right thing. Invest in whatever you like and whatever makes you happy. I could suggest you invest in NFTs because they are a good and easy way of making money. After giving up on mining, I started my own NFT project, and I am glad that I did that. At first, I had some difficulties, but I overcame them and achieved my dream. For example, my first attempt to get on the blockchain was a failure, but I did not give up, and I searched for a launchpad to help me. I came across http://bhero.com, which helped me get legally on the Elrond blockchain and turned my project into a success.

Edited once, last by Shalame ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!