Hybe and gfriend

• You're really naive if you think there was nothing shady about hybe and gfriend contract. Umji deleted every photo taken at hybe and even members mentioned some shady things i honestly feel bad for the girls I'm sure hybe didn't want to invest in group and wanted instant money and contract wasn't in their favour that's why they left its time for hybe stans to stop defending that company the same thing can happen to your favs too. And if hybe is the saint yall make tehm to be why didn't they let gfriend use their trademark? This was the least they could've done.

But thank god they're still getting so many projects.

Approved the thread.
  • Gfriend disbanding so shortly after Hybe required their agency is weird. Wasn't the reason Hybe bought Source Music from the beginning because they wanted Gfriend(why else would they have bothered buying them)? I don't know if it was because Gfriend didn't do as well as they had expected or if it was some contract dispute but Gfriend disbanding and then multiple members re-debuting as a new group right away is suspicious af.

• so how do y'all explain the fact that literally 3/6 gfriend members signed for acting first chance they got and didn't stay with the group when there was clearly a company willing to sign them as a whole group? maybe hybe did something, maybe hybe didn't, but its tiring that y'all are acting like everything would have been just peachy forever and that the girls were inseparable bc they clearly didn't mind separating.

fact of the matter is bang sihyuk himself did everything in his power to try to save gfriend by hopping into the studio and cooking up bops for them. there were many factors outside of hybe that could have been the nail in the coffin. its extremely shortsighted to attempt to paint a single entity as the big bad in the situation

• so how do y'all explain the fact that literally 3/6 gfriend members signed for acting first chance they got and didn't stay with the group when there was clearly a company willing to sign them as a whole group?

Because (sad to say) most idols hate being idols, and bail out as soon as their contracts allow them to. We've seen it happen over and over.

• Not defending HYBE because I am only a Buddy and I don't care about other groups inside HYBE but there are many things we don't know. It could be possible not every member wanted to continue because they were just tired of idol life (Sowon and Yerin both went into acting) and they have every right to feel that way because idol life is tough.

Sure they probably wanted to stay (because they said so many times) but the money offered wasn't enough for them considering their long running career and their future.

• so how do y'all explain the fact that literally 3/6 gfriend members signed for acting first chance they got and didn't stay with the group when there was clearly a company willing to sign them as a whole group? maybe hybe did something, maybe hybe didn't, but its tiring that y'all are acting like everything would have been just peachy forever and that the girls were inseparable bc they clearly didn't mind separating.

fact of the matter is bang sihyuk himself did everything in his power to try to save gfriend by hopping into the studio and cooking up bops for them. there were many factors outside of hybe that could have been the nail in the coffin. its extremely shortsighted to attempt to paint a single entity as the big bad in the situation

Girls mentioned countless times that they'll renew their contracts and even mentioned upcoming tracks some of them produced and how excited they were for us to hear those song. They even had some upcoming activities. Even soumi staff was unaware of their contract termination. It's clear that hybe is obsessed with instant money i fear they'll do and every group thats doesn't bring them big numbers.

Check this thread

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not defending HYBE because I am only a Buddy and I don't care about other groups inside HYBE but there are many things we don't know. It could be possible not every member wanted to continue because they were just tired of idol life (Sowon and Yerin both went into acting) and they have every right to feel that way because idol life is tough.

Sure they probably wanted to stay (because they said so many times) but the money offered wasn't enough for them considering their long running career and their future.

I'm not even a hardcore buddy but i used to love their music and everything hybe lost a gem i hope they manage their new gg well.

• I'm just saying if SM would had pulled that stunt , HYBE stans would come up with all kind of theories. Their hypocrisy never fails to amaze me.

• I’m glas they are out from hybe but sad that only half of them decided to stay together as a group. Also worried for viviz because yuju is not there

• I feel the same they even terminated the contracts of some of their staff and kicked out their male trainees now watch them debut this ngg with vibes similar to gfriend..

I was right apparently they used gfriend storyline for their ngg, gfriend screamed txt sister group, the vibes were really bighit like so i wont be surprised if they debut with the concept similar to lybrinth

• They didn't use Gfriends storyline stop saying that, I know Gfriends storyline well and has to do with them time traveling. This story very obviously does not having anything to do with that we saw a monster man and some girls. Fuck HYBE for what they did to Gfriend but stop with the delusional conspiracies, it just makes buddys look bad

• We got an insider on our hands

• Gfriend disbanding so shortly after Hybe required their agency is weird. Wasn't the reason Hybe bought Source Music from the beginning because they wanted Gfriend(why else would they have bothered buying them)? I don't know if it was because Gfriend didn't do as well as they had expected or if it was some contract dispute but Gfriend disbanding and then multiple members re-debuting as a new group right away is suspicious af.

I think they had some future plans for GFriend for sure but you know when its time to renew contracts its generally in the favour of artist and gfriend has earned so much for soumu i think hybe didn't offer them much and maybe they expected them to give hybe more profit.

• They didn't use Gfriends storyline stop saying that, I know Gfriends storyline well and has to do with them time traveling. This story very obviously does not having anything to do with that we saw a monster man and some girls. Fuck HYBE for what they did to Gfriend but stop with the delusional conspiracies, it just makes buddys look bad

Oky I'm sorry for misunderstanding i saw a thread and the blue butterflies that library thing looked the same. I hope people don't generalize buddy Bcs of my thread i apologize again I'm looking forward to new Sakura group i wish them great sucess.

• some were done with idol life

buddies bare bullying non existent group and lying about gfriend concept are pathetic

• Look, I dislike hybe because I stan groups under them and the management lately made me develop some kind of dislike towards them. But I have to admit your conspiracy theories are getting hilarious. The girls jumped into acting first opportunity they got, they're not as inseparable as you wish them to be. If a few of them refused to resign a contact then maybe the others decided to not continue in any different formation. Gfriend disbanded and the girls seem quite alright with their new projects so you need to let that go

• The disbandment would not be as suspicious if it wasn't so abrupt, to be honest. Here's some facts:

- GFriend's contract renewal supposed to happen on November, not May. So, even if the girls decided to not renew, normally they would have to wait for their current ongoing contract to be over (like Wheein's case with RBW).

- SouMu's staff find out about the news through the media and not the company itself. Yes, the first one to announce the news was not the agency (not SouMu, not HYBE), it's a media outlet that I forgot the name.

- Yuju, Yerin, & Eunha was still in the middle of a project/variety shows.

- Umji was still active on VLives hours before all hell break loose.

Also, here's another interesting fact that might get overlooked but might be one of the factors:

- HYBE Labels doesn't seem to let their artist dive deep into any possible side-projects that are not music-related. Mostly acting. Their artists are some of the bigger names in the industry, so it is a bit unbelievable that they didn't get an acting gig offer at the very least.

- Sowon once said that she got an offer for a drama and the company didn't let her, SinB wanted to post dance covers but were not allowed by the agency, Yerin also told Buddies that she weren't allowed to open her own YouTube channel.

From my perspectives, it's not that girls wanted to stop, it's more like... they just want to expand and try other experiences in this industry, while still being active as an idol, much like their peers from other groups who has side profession. I think it's natural to think about it, since they are senior idols and eventually their idol schedules will decrease as the company will focus on a newer group. Seems like they just need a side-profession, something that Source Music failed to accommodate.

Now, if the company didn't allow them to have side-profession, then what would they do once the focus isn't on them anymore? Based on what we've seen now, it seems like the girls don't want to be kept in the dungeon for sure.

They probably had a talk about this prior to the renewal (mind you, it's supposed to happen on November), they were probably asking for a new sets of contracts that could accommodate their needs, but... something happened and suddenly their contract got terminated. Yup, the official letter from the agency said "contract termination", not "GFriend is not renewing".

Nobody knows what exactly happened, but I guess someone was mad about certain decisions, leak the news to the media, and the girls had to leave earlier than their actual renewal date.

• Hybe is shitty for not letting their groups have individual activities.

• interesting how they dont mind wasting money on flop projects like txt and enha but only draw the line on gfriend. I guess it's just sexism

• interesting how they dont mind wasting money on flop projects like txt and enha but only draw the line on gfriend. I guess it's just sexism

They spent nothing on enhypen 🙄 and txt gets big budgets bcs of bighit. Bighit loves to spend on these lore shits and everything for their groups. But other outside bighit dont get these things but I'm actually surprised enhypen is getting their universe. And i love txt just bcs i dont like hybe for doing gfriend wrong doesn't mean i hate their groups.

• buddies losing it these days. Like the girls didn't renew as gfriend 6 members. It happens, we can't expect them to be idols forever. Sowon wants to act. Yerin signed the earliest and was talking with her company since before May, the ceo followed her on instagram. They discussed options. 4 members wanted to keep singing. Yuju decided to go solo. 3 re-debuting, support them.

And you can't cancel a non existent group for blue insects. It's getting pathetic.

Especially because tale of glass bead vids were released after they joined hybe, that lore obsessed company tried to piece a storyline together, as Sowon said bighit visual team and some stylists helped with their last comebacks.

And at first buddies protested and hated that they were doing a storyline for gfriend, they just wanted MVs like normal, not this lore like CrossRoads, so they actually did stop for a while.

But now you love lore and scream plagiarism.

Even the Geffen logo, buddies were making hit tweets about how It's plagiarising Gfriend's logo, when Geffen is a US label from the 80s. Move on already and come to terms with reality.

i hate hybe and their damn company stans esp in akp but you got a point here.

• Some of

Buddies are so embarrassing with that whole geffen thing i hope someone educate them lol

• Some of u are making no sense even when got7 left we all were convinced jyp mistreated them because its rare for every member to leave the company and it was proven to be true later. Soumu could've made girls pursue individual activities under HYBE but i think they gave them no choice but to leave.

• txt and enhypen achieved more one year in their careers than gfriend did during their whole career so sit down

gfriend released not one, but two mega hit back to back when they werr nugu while txt and enhypen still struggle to chart and only rely on physical because that is the only thing they have and it is still all thanks to bts

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Take a look at this, bighit gave 2am copyrights. The problem is soumu that money hungry flop ass company.

• Hybe is shitty for not letting their groups have individual activities.

Don't they? Soobin and Sunghoon are Music bank MCs.

Seventeen seems to have individual activities after they re-signed. Jun is shooting his c-drama. Jeonghan has solo advertisement. Seungkwan continues his individual activities with variety shows. DK can still do musicals. For sure, there will be more for SVT.

Only BTS does not have solo activities outside music.

• Don't they? Soobin and Sunghoon are Music bank MCs.

Seventeen seems to have individual activities after they re-signed. Jun is shooting his c-drama. Jeonghan has solo advertisement. Seungkwan continues his individual activities with variety shows. DK can still do musicals. For sure, there will be more for SVT.

Only BTS does not have solo activities outside music.

That makes sense because they're branded as 7 and they dont want a member to overshadow the whole group (like lisa's case). But gfriend always had osts that's why i think their was left no choice but to leave soumu.

• That makes sense because they're branded as 7 and they dont want a member to overshadow the whole group (like lisa's case). But gfriend always had osts that's why i think their was left no choice but to leave soumu.

Guess you skipped what i said about TXT, En-, and SVT and only read the BTS part.

• True hybe stans are blind asf I'm a hardcore army but would never stan a company over a group at this point I'd even say sm >> hybe

Yes op, sm is a thousand times better than hybe.

Stan sm everyone :lover1:

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!