[NB] Netizens argue over whether or not it was acceptable to play Indian music over guest Anupam Tripathi's scenes in the K-variety show 'I Live Alone'

• (Source: Was it ignorant of 'I Live Alone' to play Indian music over scenes of guest Anupam Tripathi? (netizenbuzz.blogspot.com))

AVvXsEi8plX3Zrm8jum_3ewdxo6ANOzO8eYlCjX0T4qbmP3NI-WyYrDeAW-QW_rUa4TXBRXWYr_H7riH3qYJLFukOjU1nrhhKuL555etrZtfFAUSEd3p4vyTu4nzSsESsr-GR7XDE1hbZTojw7VEm8jaGAjiZph6NojiaiaJCaxF-c_7QKlYFUVz-Te-R4ls=w640-h351

Article: 'I Live Alone' trapped a 'Squid Game' actor in outdated bias

Source: Han via Naver

Article criticizes 'I Live Alone' playing Indian-themed music in scenes of Anupam Tripathi and calls it out for being stereotypical and ignorant, and compares it to being akin to the derogatory portrayals of Koreans in western media.

1. [+994, -308] ??? What's the problem? So an Indian actor is on the show so they played Indian music? From a well-known movie? If you're such a music connoisseur yourself, what do you think would've been the better option? ㅋ

2. [+562, -22] This feels like a forced point;

3. [+469, -31] You're really trying to act like you're more woke than anyone else by bringing up the show playing Indian music? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Then what do you think should've been played instead?

4. [+258, -11] This is nothing compared to what MBC did at the Olympics opening

5. [+65, -10] People are so exhausting. Do you think any of us would care if a Korean guest was on an American show and they played Psy or BTS or the 'Squid Game' songs during their scenes? People who criticize things like this are only trying to make themselves feel superior.

6. [+51, -3] Oh, this is so forced, just take it down...

7. [+27, -0] You're exhausting... what was so problematic about that scene? So there's an Indian guest cooking Indian food and there's Indian music playing over the scene... what were they supposed to play instead? The Korean national anthem?

8. [+20, -1] So would this journalist consider it ignorant if a Korean actor guested on an American TV show and they played 'Arirang' as the background music?

9. [+20, -2] I did not feel any stereotyping while watching 'I Live Alone'

10. [+20, -2] It's really not fair to compare an Indian guest with Indian music playing to a 'Lost' episode of a Korean getting married with Japanese themes in the wedding. What song were the producers supposed to have played instead?

11. [+6, -0] I still don't see what the problem of playing Indian music over a scene of an Indian man cooking Indian food is

12. [+5, -0] Would this journalist still have found it problematic if the show had an American guest and they played an American pop song over their scene? It's just a variety show, it doesn't suddenly turn into a documentary because there's an Indian guest.

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

• why is that not appropriate lol

he's indian isn't he?

its not like he was from another south asian country and they played indian music.

97199-ezgif-com-gif-maker-6-gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!