You know ifans are full of shit when they can’t recognize the original black predecessors their companies copied from

• It was to correct the narrative that Big 3 stans have been pushing that their biases are "creators" or "originators" of concepts like girl crush, teen crush and hip hop based concepts or anything that's not cute. For some reason they never want to claim that

Funny you mention the cute concept part since I believe that was basically copied from Japan, which you didn't mention but a large part of KPOP idol culture is entirely lifted from there like handshake/high five events, bulk buying, dating and expectation for idols to maintain a exemplary behavior etc

• No I just find it weird to be on a kpop forum where the main objective is music……..not what they look like? The fuck

there's a lot of this in k-pop. But to be fair it is hard to stan good-looking ppl if the music is bad. So it's like a mixture of the two.

• Funny you mention the cute concept part since I believe that was basically copied from Japan, which you didn't mention but a large part of KPOP idol culture is entirely lifted from there like handshake/high five events, bulk buying, dating and expectation for idols to maintain a exemplary behavior etc

yeah this feels like a circle jerk, where we all go but this was inspired by that

I agree with you about Japan's inspiration, but I think what matters most Is what people do with that inspiration.

• yeah this feels like a circle jerk, where we all go but this was inspired by that

I agree with you about Japan's inspiration, but I think what matters most Is what people do with that inspiration.

I just found it strange that he made this post, and either does not know or deliberately omitted JPOP idol influences, I mean boy group idols started there back around the 60s, SM Ent even holds or did hold the rights for Korean distribution of the agency that started. He didn't answer my question about his ethnicity either so it's difficult to know his motivations

• I just found it strange that he made this post, and either does not know or deliberately omitted JPOP idol influences, I mean boy group idols started there back around the 60s, SM Ent even holds or did hold the rights for Korean distribution of the agency that started. He didn't answer my question about his ethnicity either so it's difficult to know his motivations

Def troll....saying this a someone who's first two threads are dumspter fired.

They just want :pepe_akorns:

So I think its better to talk to each other and have good discussion while ignoring OP :pepelove2:

• They really didn't. They just stole from POC and took the credit

yeah this is nto a good example since science was being gatekeeped

even Marie Curie was rejected admission to the French Academy of Sciences  :pepe-joy:

and she was the only person with like two nobel prizes at the time
    :pepefacepalm:

• They really didn't. They just stole from POC and took the credit

Sure there are some stolen discoveries but to say all was just stolen is ridiculous. So the great names of Science like Newton, Darwin Kepler etc are what?

• No one said it was all stolen. Why are you defensive over some liars?

You basically said that in your post. Defensive? I don't like seeing people spill half -truths and lies to fit their narratives, funny how much this kind of discourse comes from American universities, and then spreads to Europe and the developing countries, clear case of cultural imperialism to me but even leftists who like to shout down with american imperialism in their countries just copy what comes from there

A good exemple of this is China sure they complain about how they suffered a 100 years of humiliation by foreign powers, but do they complain about how the sciences are colonized or whatever no, they invested a lot in the sciences and now the country is the second biggest economy in the world with economists projecting that they may become first in the future, I mean sure now they act like thugs and bully people both inside and outside of China but that is another story

• You basically said that in your post. Defensive? I don't like seeing people spill half -truths and lies to fit their narratives, funny how much this kind of discourse comes from American universities, and then spreads to Europe and the developing countries, clear case of cultural imperialism to me but even leftists who like to shout down with american imperialism in their countries just copy what comes from there

A good exemple of this is China sure they complain about how they suffered a 100 years of humiliation by foreign powers, but do they complain about how the sciences are colonized or whatever no, they invested a lot in the sciences and now the country is the second biggest economy in the world with economists projecting that they may become first in the future, I mean sure now they act like thugs and bully people both inside and outside of China but that is another story

babe u taking this too seriously, haoluvr was clearly joking/sarastic.

• babe u taking this too seriously, haoluvr was clearly joking/sarastic.

I don't know about that, I see similar discourse coming from American universities humanities departments, and then it's easy to see why Americans are always complaying about student debts

• I don't know about that, I see similar discourse coming from American universities humanities departments, and then it's easy to see why Americans are always complaying about student debts

don't remind me of college debt :pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

• actually, black people invented the Sun

They invented humanity as africa is the birthplace of all humanity. Some are just mad when people want to enjoy some of that culture instead of taking that win of being the literal living ancestors grandpa and grandma of all humans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!