You know ifans are full of shit when they can’t recognize the original black predecessors their companies copied from

• Ifans like to chirp the usual cliche “kpop was influenced by black music/culture”. But it actually runs a lot deeper than that.

Literally all these kpop companies ever did was localize the genres, style, concepts and substance created by BLACK people. Nothing original came from the “2nd gen” because these ideas existed and were developed decades ago when your Big 3 CEOs were just learning to walk. So the only thing you are bragging about is who has the honor of being the first to rush out to copying black people.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No one denied it. Actually the first ever Kpop artist who danced/rapped and sang on one stage (who was the first SM artist when SM was just a studio and Seotaiji have not yet debuted) SAID that he was just bringing what American soldiers taught him as a kid. No one said Kpop companies invented the pop or hip-hop genre in hallyu. They just used it and it evolved into what we know as Kpop. Which isn't exactly the same in everything. The whole cute songs and group members roles mixed in there, formed Kpop too. Besides the varieties in game shows and recording idols lives are also part of the "Kpop" experience and quite frankly what made it stand out from the rest of entertainments to me (Japan had that too but I would say Korea is more "perfected", wholesome and easier to access). Why is it a bad thing I don't understand? It's like saying Jazz music stole from classical music (just an example. no need to nitpick the details).

lt64IYu.gif

• That's nice and all, but since you are so versed in this, what is stopping you from leaving the copy behind and follow the original from black people instead of the korean localized one?

• That's nice and all, but since you are so versed in this, what is stopping you from leaving the copy behind and follow the original from black people instead of the korean localized one?

I’m into kpop for the visual not the music

• Okay but are you black or korean or atleast another asian?
    was this thread not created because you care about the topic, but merely a way to show your virtue signalling it seems

I think it was more of a troll. They wanted us to start arguing in this thread so they could stack up :pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::peperich::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::peperich:

• Okay but are you black or korean or atleast another asian?
    was this thread not created because you care about the topic, but merely a way to show your virtue signalling it seems

It was to correct the narrative that Big 3 stans have been pushing that their biases are "creators" or "originators" of concepts like girl crush, teen crush and hip hop based concepts or anything that's not cute. For some reason they never want to claim that

• I mean black people paved the way and are constantly unrecognized and criticized for the same things they paved the way for. However idk who here is undervaluing their contribution. Because that’s just……sad :pepeshock:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!