Suga of BTS produces the new song for a famous JPop-idol

• Wait what lol? Aren’t they a top Japanese male act? You think that’s possibly why Hiroomi reached out to Suga? :eyes:

They were popular once. But they have been on the decline, especially in the last five years. Their new groups didn't have much success either. Some very popular members got married. The group and its sibling groups can't even sell 100K anymore. In fact, the main strength of the group was tours, but since the pandemic started, I can say that they lost more blood since they could not do this. Actually they and Johnny's groups have lost a good porsion of their fans to BTS. I think the collaboration between Hiromi and Suga is part of the business deal. HYBE will be promoting his new girl group, and Suga will be producing Hiromi's new song. Looks like a good business deal.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• They were popular once. But they have been on the decline, especially in the last five years. Their new groups didn't have much success either. Some very popular members got married. The group and its sibling groups can't even sell 100K anymore. In fact, the main strength of the group was tours, but since the pandemic started, I can say that they lost more blood since they could not do this. Actually they and Johnny's groups have lost a good porsion of their fans to BTS. I think the collaboration between Hiromi and Suga is part of the business deal. HYBE will be promoting his new girl group, and Suga will be producing Hiromi's new song. Looks like a good business deal.

Damn Korean ggs with way fewer members are selling better than that these days 🤔 I keep hearing jpop fans say how bts isn’t all that popular in Japan but they’re constantly topping their charts, have endless media coverage, and you just confirmed how the top acts for years are losing out to them so….

• Damn Korean ggs with way fewer members are selling better than that these days 🤔 I keep hearing jpop fans say how bts isn’t all that popular in Japan but they’re constantly topping their charts, have endless media coverage, and you just confirmed how the top acts for years are losing out to them so….

Some Jpop fans are in denial. But even though sales are high because there are so many versions, that doesn't explain why concert tours are sold out instantly. BTS is especially popular among the younger generation in Japan. However, they are still not very well-known among GPs, this is because older people prefer to watch TV more, and BTS is generally less well-known in GP because they are not in Japan and do not participate in various Japanese shows. That's why Johnny's groups still have such a huge fanbase.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• Some Jpop fans are in denial. But even though sales are high because there are so many versions, that doesn't explain why concert tours are sold out instantly. BTS is especially popular among the younger generation in Japan. However, they are still not very well-known among GPs, this is because older people prefer to watch TV more, and BTS is generally less well-known in GP because they are not in Japan and do not participate in various Japanese shows. That's why Johnny's groups still have such a huge fanbase.

Yeah in order to be very well known among the gp in Japan you have to constantly be shown on tv and many Japanese people grew up watching shows with numerous Johnny’s acts , even the older generation, so that makes sense. A lot of kpop acts don’t seem to be either invited on the shows Johnny’s dominate or maybe their contract doesn’t include them for promotion (there’s also some form of Johnny’s blocking). It’s just that I see them boys featured on popular Japanese news programs like a few times every week as if they’re an actual Japanese act lol

• Yeah in order to be very well known among the gp in Japan you have to constantly be shown on tv and many Japanese people grew up watching shows with numerous Johnny’s acts , even the older generation, so that makes sense. A lot of kpop acts don’t seem to be either invited on the shows Johnny’s dominate or maybe their contract doesn’t include them for promotion (there’s also some form of Johnny’s blocking). It’s just that I see them boys featured on popular Japanese news programs like a few times every week as if they’re an actual Japanese act lol

Yep, Johnnys is definitely blocking some of them. Their former talents rarely make a TV appearance after leaving them. But I also don't think BTS will spend time in Japan specifically just to be recognized by the Japanese GP. I think they are happy with their current situation.^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!