I finally get the hype of aespa savage

• im still trying to understand from what aspect this song is bad lol

people hate on anything that isn't mainstream smh

• Honestly, it's shaping up to be one of my favorite songs ever. Once I saw the teaser pics along with the name Savage, I wished the song to have hardcore singing so bad to fit the theme. But I was thinking that is very unlikely because it rarely happens in Kpop songs.

lt64IYu.gif

• The songs on the album sound like vid game music. That in itself isn't a "good" or "bad" thing. ITZY's "Swipe" sounds like vid game music too. At least there's "ICONIC" and "Lucid Dream" to do Aespa some justice.

The thing is, you can be as "experimental" as you want as long as your basics are covered; SME needs to find an ongoing collaborator..someone who knows the "feel" of programmed beats being "in the pocket" and the art of selecting the right kick drum, snare, and high-hat samples for each song. These songs aren't that far from sounding cool. It's the approach that fails to bring out the full potential of these tracks. Even "Savage" could have been better with some tweaks.

• people can say what they want, but these types of songs have longevity. i wasn’t crazy about next level when it was released, but it got better everytime and i still listen to it 24/7, yet i’m not tired of it. i don’t get tired as easily of these songs as i do a lot of others 🤷‍♀️

• I have the same reactions the moment I first listened to both Next Level and Savage. It's not a straightforward song but it gets interesting and interesting the more you listened to it as you will start to pick up bits and pieces that were not noticeable the first listen. I would like to agree to the sensory overload part. The music and the mv combo, when taken together, is a sensory overload. Actually for my first listen to both Next Level and Savage, I only watched the first minute of the mv before I have to shift my eyes in order to focus more on the progression of the music. It was a lot to take in at once. I only started to watch the mv fully after my mind have already adjusted to the song. And that's when it gets better and better the more you listen to it. It's confusing but interesting and it keeps you hooked because every listen feels like uncovering something that wasn't there before.

Someone said it's Next Level on steroids and I definitely agree

• It’s certainly a decisive song and I don’t expect everyone to like it but still I hope they appreciate what aespa was trying to bring out from their song

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!