Native english speakers I need help in a sentence please

• 10vely

Changed the title of the thread from “Native english speakers I need help in a sentence” to “Native english speakers I need help in a sentence please”.
  • It should be 'I just wish it wasn't as flashy'.

Sorry that may have been a little abrupt but basically, 'weren't' is normally used in hypothetical situations (so imagined for example) and normally used in the present tense. 'Wasn't' is normally used in the past tense for real situations.

The jacket is real and you wish that is was not made so flashy (past tense). Hope that clears it up.

Edited once, last by onwards ().

• It would be "I wish it wasn't as flashy"

Since "wasn't" is more of a combination of "was not" and "weren't" is a combination of "were not."

It is "wasn't" because the subject (a jacket;the thing that is being described in this sentence) is a singular noun which means it is one unit. "Was not" is past tense for a singular noun and turn it into it's combination "wasn't" so it therefore, the correct way to word this sentence is "I wish it wasn't as flashy."

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!