About this Koreans looking down on SEA fans

• So I am reading this discussion about Koreans looking down on SEA and thought about sharing some of the comments which were upvoted by many. What do you think?

"Maybe SEA fans should have some self respect and stop sugaring kpop idols and koreans"

"On the topic of self respect. I was reading somewhere about how not only idols but any korean man would be treated like a celeb. I have actually seen the same behaviour in girls in my country too. I really feel bad for fans who act like this."

"it's basically internalized racism (not sure if this is the right term). i'm indonesian and people here put foreigners (esp. western and east asian) on pedestal as if they're mightier than us or sth lol."

"and inferiority complex. also colorist? bcs indonesian always think white people is more pretty etc and have a mindset that westerners and east asian is better than native people."

• There has always been a hierarchical mindset in the asia pacific. The more south you are the less you are respected, with the exception of Hong Kong and Singapore, and this is mainly because the more south you get the poorer the country is.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!