£10 million and cutting ties with your family or your family?

• My family..

What would you chose?

£10 million or your family? I'm too lazy to add a poll please comment instead

<3<3

"When I am silent I fall into the place where everything is melody.."

• doesn't the question depend on whether one has had a good relationship with one's family?

I'm sure there are people who would take the 10m if they've had a really bad experience with one's family...

• Can I take the $11.8 million and donate discreetly/anonymously? Even though I cut ties I’d be able to make them comfortable for the rest of their lives. Plus they’d be better off without me anyways.

The way I see it, if you have a healthy relationship with your family, you can’t put a price to it. You just can’t buy that sort of bond.

But at the same time, if your (healthy) family is not doing so well financially…love alone is not going to be enough to power through.

Tl;dr: Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can definitely pay the bills and feed someone (even anonymously). If you have a dysfunctional family, well this question is a bit simpler to answer.

• Tbh I have a good relationship with my family but I'd consider picking the other option if it meant I could do anything with that money. I can take 1 million and go off by myself since they don't really need me and be of use by giving the other 9 to my parents, who struggled all their lives because of financial issues.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!