Is the bar for vocals in KPOP too low?

• Is the bar too low? 17

The result is only visible to the participants.

Do you think the bar for live vocals in KPOP too low?

I personally dont know. Its a 50/50 situation. The thing is, fans will hype up their faves every time even when they dont sound great. And that makes me think that the bar is low. But when I hear really good live vocals, makes me think the opposite. So, its a 50/50 for me.

Just sharing some of my favorite singers.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• When you have 4/5 of your members are main vocalists that can all same the same/similar lines and chorus and express them differently

If the bar is Day6 then >95% of the groups won't be able to reach it

• For me it's 50/50. I find the best Kpop singers not that impressive compared to some Western singers and for sure, not everyone is an Ailee but a lot of groups have a solid vocal line and sometimes the whole group can sing pretty well.

I also find this subject a bit tricky to discuss : what are good vocals ? It's highly subjective and everyone has their own definition of the term. Some will only jugde according to technique, some will have others criterias. I took vocal lessons during a while, had two teachers and they didn't have the same defintion of "good vocals" at all.

8zf-yB.gif   

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!