BLACKPINK have now surpassed the mark of 4.5 BILLION streams on Spotify

• DEAL WITH IT 8)

charts3.jpg

azhra-0110

The user is correct according to the source, not if they are saying "albums." 2NE1 has sold 66.5 million RECORDS, but not albums. Records is just 1 sale = 1 record. They have about 66m digital records sold, plus like 600k or so(I don't know the exact number) albums sold to get that number. 1 song sale is 1 record and 1 album sale is 1 record.

For whatever reason most music industries go with "records sold" to try to bridge the gap between the physical and digital eras.

BP has sold more albums, 2NE1 has sold more records (for now).

• back in the day when streaming is not a thing yet, ofc they gonna sale more when one song has like 3-4m downloads

• yeah I said album but I know they use record for these, I still think it is very misleading without mentioning these are usually "claimed" sales and the number vary depending where you get the data from. This reminds me of people counting pretty much everything so bigbang had well over 100m sales...

I prefer going by what chartmasters is building up

• No bp sold 120M records lmaooooooo

• yeah I said album but I know they use record for these, I still think it is very misleading without mentioning these are usually "claimed" sales and the number vary depending where you get the data from. This reminds me of people counting pretty much everything so bigbang had well over 100m sales...

I prefer going by what chartmasters is building up

BP already past 120M records with just 24 songs

• No...

Pretty sure it's records (albums sps + singles sps + tracks sps)

For example THE ALBUM has 5.3M SPS or HYLT has 12M sps so it's factored into those 120M records sold

Records only includes sales, but it counts 1 download the same as 1 album purchase.
    Units includes streams as well, and it doesn't count all sales the same. It's more of a formula.

Units is measured in "equivalent units" and records is just number of times an artist has made a sale of music.

Blackpink has more units sold, less records sold.

They are my bias group but I'm not gonna go against the facts

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!