PTD + DFTF review

• honestly i wanted to review both but making separate threads would take too much time and i have very similar opinions about both. anyways here's a breakdown that no one asked for.

ofc this is all my opinion and my opinion can and is probably wrong. feel free to yell at me. no death threats tho pls

permission to dance dont fight the feeling
    mv bright and cheerful. exactly what you want from this sort of concept. the shots with the purple balloon are very pretty. Big highschool musical vibes. I like this mv quite a bit. Some of the sets seem cheap though, especially if you compare them to recent txt songs. one cheap set was the "wait is over" wall in the middle of the dessert. i'm sure hybe can do better esp with how much bts earns.
    8/10 fun. really put the 'gain' in 'bargain'
    Nice. can't say too much about it. the set looks poorly made in some places but it's definitely not bad. i like the space ship but it does seem like sm was playing it cheap with them. esp the last scene where they just jump areound in the purple light? that reminds me of third grade trying to get the projector light onto your face. fun tho.
    8/10 is it just me or have i seen some of those sets in other mvs?
    music i like the song. production is lowkey trash tho
    7.5/10 hybe do better
    eh don't like the song. it's pretty decent tho, production wise and all
    7/10 sm do better
    lyrics whoever is writing bts's english lyrics just seems to want to feck them over. It sounds like a combination of many many many already popular english songs were fused together by a bot. lines like "live like we're golden" and "the music's got me going" both seem so overdone. As a whole though, the lyrics aren't bad. Overdone but definitely not bad. Too bad you can't understand the lyrics without the subtitles lol. But that isn't a problem in kpop
    6/10 overdone but fit the vibes
    kwangya. that one word pisses me off so much. but even without kwangya the lyrics are a shit show. "cuz i feel like i'm ballin" and "shawty bout to turn it up" both gave me physical cringing reactions. Luckily a good bit of this is in korean so I can ignore the meaning. Somehow the korean lyrics seem okay but again, this is kpop, english lyrics are usually not very good.
    3.5/10 no.
    dance cannot comment cuz there's not enough of it in the mv
    till then from the mv bits it is a solid 5/10, but i'm sure it'll be higher after the performance vids
    5/10 cuz i need to see the whole thing
    oh my fecking god if one more person does that
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    i'll scream. the rest of the dance seems pretty decent but the rap bits making me cringe as usual.
    6/10 would've been 8 without that one move
    vibes this was fun. fell slightly short of making me dance but the vibes were enough to make me bop my head to the song. it's a classic american pop song. I could definitely wear my headphones and jump around to it on the sidewalk. the "cuz we dont need permission to dance" hits hard but i wish it had a slightly better follow up. If i could understand what they were saying It would definitely hit harder.
    7/10 5th grade prom flashbacks but in a good way
    This screamed pepsi ad to me the whole time. All they were lacking was a bottle of pepsi in their hands, and a couple of shots of them drinking it. and then an ending shot where a narrator goes "pepsi. dont fight the feeling." while all of the members drink it at once.
    lol
    tries to have a fun vibe but falls the slightest bit short. makes me want pepsi tho so that's a win.
    6/10 twice's alcohol free but instead of wanting sweet mimosa i want pepsi
    total score 33.5/50 or 67%
    not bad but bad for the group that released bangers like spring day
    30.5/50 or 61%
    not bad for a pepsi ad, not bad for a kwangya ad, bad cuz this group is the one which released bops like been through.

so in conclusion both of these songs disappointed me uwu

if u read through that whole thing i salute u

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• I read the whole thing.

LMAO, that "Whoa" Pissed off a lot of people and I completely understand why.

Also, MV for DFTF wasn't the best and they rushed it due to members' enlistment.

You hate Kwangya? A lot of exols agree with that.

I agree with some points..

This was a nice read. Thanks for checking out EXO, hope you check out the rest of the album too especially

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• hmm, I agree about spring day and been through being masterpieces...

Both ptd or dftf aren't even my top 5 releases from both...

But both are feel-good songs although dftf has more of a getting up dance factor in it cause of that prominent baseline and bouncy video game instrumental while PTD is more on the chill side so I will like dance but sitting on my chair eating fruits of smth idk

• it felt like a pepsi ad without the pepsi lol

:peperun::peperun::peperun:

• I haven't seen a pepsi ad like this.....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• both are super meh and super boring but PTD is more meh because of the weird vocal processing

i don't think i would've enjoyed it more without it though because again it's a bad song, but at least it would've been less annoying

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!