• VVisual

Changed the title of the thread from “New Chinese Engine Being Flight Tested” to “Test”.
  • Douyin (Chinese Tik Tok)

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• The secret "sauce" of Tik Tok is same in China as the West or different?

• I'm a boomer I use neither lol

no seriously I don't use either...

Oh well, Douyin is what drives Chinese pop/youth culture from what I read. Wonder how it relates in the West.

Tik Tok had taken off sort of like anime from Japan and Kpop from Korea. The only difference is the US didn't try to ban anime or KPOP.

• Oh well, Douyin is what drives Chinese pop/youth culture from what I read. Wonder how it relates in the West.

Tik Tok had taken off sort of like anime from Japan and Kpop from Korea. The only difference is the US didn't try to ban anime or KPOP.

it's effectively the same thing though right?

I mean YT is banned in China but they haave billibilli which is effectively the saame thing

• it's effectively the same thing though right?

I mean YT is banned in China but they haave billibilli which is effectively the saame thing

Right but Trump tried to ban Tik Tok.

Anyways, thanks for answering. Here are some prett girls :wink:

• Right but Trump tried to ban Tik Tok.

Anyways, thanks for answering. Here are some prett girls :wink:

well that's america...

Biden also halted Hueawei's expansions in the US as well by preventing them from doing something as well (I can't exactly remember which)

• https://entertainment.inquirer…its-secret-to-businesses/

CELEBRITIES AND SHOWBIZ

ByteDance launches Volcano Engine brand to offer its ‘secret’ to businesses

Reuters / 10:17 PM June 10, 2021

BEIJING — TikTok owner ByteDance launched the Volcano Engine brand on Thursday to offer its personalized recommendation algorithm to more corporate clients, as the Chinese company seeks to expand beyond its mainstay consumer apps.

ByteDance’s recommendation system is considered the “secret sauce” in its success with apps including TikTok, TikTok’s Chinese version Douyin, and news aggregator Toutiao.

• well that's america...

Biden also halted Hueawei's expansions in the US as well by preventing them from doing something as well (I can't exactly remember which)

Huawei was a technical challenge sort of like Sony in the 1990s? (I took international trade classes.) The US stopped Betamax from being the main storage for media despite it being the better overall product than VHS. At least that is what I read. I haven't watched a tape in my life though my grandparents had a player. lol

But TikTok is mainly content not technology. The US is trying to stop a particular pop culture art form (short videos) that Tik Tok led in. So this is closer to censorship or cultural discrimination than a technology competition thing.

• Huawei was a technical challenge sort of like Sony in the 1990s? (I took international trade classes.) The US stopped Betamax from being the main storage for media despite it being the better overall product than VHS. At least that is what I read. I haven't watched a tape in my life though my grandparents had a player. lol

But TikTok is mainly content not technology. The US is trying to stop a particular pop culture art form (short videos) that Tik Tok led in. So this is closer to censorship or cultural discrimination than a technology competition thing.

well the us is the us and china is china they'll be at in the coming tech wars and economic wars for years to come

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!