Ways to write well wishes?

• I need help with writing short well wishes. My friend has been recovering from surgery, so I send her a photo every week with a short phrase.

HOWEVER, many well wishes sound insensitive. For example, she is not going to get well "soon" due to spinal muscular atrophy.

She is religious and I am not, so it also feels insincere to invoke God.

What I've already used:

Wishing you well

Hope you're feeling better

Hope things are well

Sending positive energy

[Puppy] hopes you're well

As you can see, I'm already repeating myself and the more I stare at them, the more I overthink. Please help :nervousk:

• First off, I am so sorry to hear that your friend had to go under surgery. I do hope that your friend is taking recovery at a slow and easy pace and that she gets healthy overall. As I am sending her lots of love and warm wishes :lovec:

Second, you are such a sweet and caring friend and your kind action makes my heart very warm <3

Now a piece of advice that I will give you is to deliver your thoughts and feelings in a straightforward way. I know that this may sound very simple, but it will definitely help with your tendency to overthink :thumbup:

work in progress

• How to write 'well wishes'- w-e-l-l w-i-s-h-e-s

But in all seriousness..... I don't know either, I don't do that type of thing

I usually don't either. And I probably wouldn't if it was the flu or something.

But in this case, it's my way of checking in on her without asking questions and making her type it out replies when she's partially paralyzed.

• First off, I am so sorry to hear that your friend had to go under surgery. I do hope that your friend is taking recovery at a slow and easy pace and that she gets healthy overall. As I am sending her lots of love and warm wishes :lovec:

Second, you are such a sweet and caring friend and your kind action makes my heart very warm <3

Now a piece of advice that I will give you is to deliver your thoughts and feelings in a straightforward way. I know that this may sound very simple, but it will definitely help with your tendency to overthink :thumbup:

Thank you for the advice and warm thoughts for my friend!

• I usually don't either. And I probably wouldn't if it was the flu or something.

But in this case, it's my way of checking in on her without asking questions and making her type it out replies when she's partially paralyzed.

Holy crap that's a horrible situation

Maybe just get a card that says Get Well Soon and write on the inside what the person means to you or how happy you are to be their friend. It depends on the context of your relationship but the whole message doesn't have to be about the sickness or medical problem

I always feel better when my friend comes to see me in the hospital or in recovery, or writes me a letter or gets balloons or something, although I'm sure there are restrictions due to covid

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!