(G)I-DLE are clearly the self-producing gen leaders

• That’s more than fair. Some of my favorite k-pop composers aren’t doing it one-man at all, as well. In fact, is there even a one-man production team for any kpop groups? Because I haven’t seen one. Even fave Crush has a team for his own music production.

K-Pop is often so complex you need a variety of people and talents involved to shape a song. I'm sure there's one 'senior' writer maybe for a song who creates the overall vision for others to feed off like Teddy or Brave Bros.

Someone can be great for writing a melody or a hook, but someone else will flesh that out with some great sounds, beats, change ups, drops etc that elevate the track to what you hear on release, and the song would not have been as good without that input. I think Soyeon does a fair bit, but like someone said she's 22 and a full time idol it would be crazy if she could do it all herself at this stage if at all.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• So if Sojin does not comeback, will they replace her?

How long before Yuqi goes to China full time?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!