Have you guys read The Poppy War by R.F Kuang?

• It's based on early 20th century chinese military strategies and the sino-japanese war, and is a retelling of rape of Nanking. Very dark and grim but gripping.

I have actually. My sister got it for me for my birthday. I enjoyed it quite a bit. There was a lot of cool stuff going on in it. It also kind of reminded me of Harry Potter a little cause of the school setting.

Did she ever release a sequel? I never looked to see.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have actually. My sister got it for me for my birthday. I enjoyed it quite a bit. There was a lot of cool stuff going on in it. It also kind of reminded me of Harry Potter a little cause of the school setting.

Did she ever release a sequel? I never looked to see.

Oh yeah there are two sequels. I personally enjoyed them more than the first book because they were far more military/war heavy than the first one. A lot more cool action sequences.

• Oh yeah there are two sequels. I personally enjoyed them more than the first book because they were far more military/war heavy than the first one. A lot more cool action sequences.

Wasn't the author only 21 when she wrote the first book? That blew me away when I read that.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's based on early 20th century chinese military strategies and the sino-japanese war, and is a retelling of rape of Nanking. Very dark and grim but gripping.

I've read part of it! I read it as a digital library book though so I was never able to finish it in time :c

I loved what I read though and would defintely continue reading it if I got my hands on it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!