Avex have announced a deal with Chinese video platform, bilibili, to license 3,300 MV's in a move to target the young, urban population in mainland China

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

\-(≧▽≦)-/

giphy.gif

• I did not expect this but I am kinda okay with it Avex has avoided China for years heavily, so hopefully this means their artists will be able to explore touring in that country more as J-Pop has a massive base in China, and that could open the gate for C-pop artists to expand as well.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Interesting move.

I think I remember reading that Max Matsuura (Avex Founder/Producer) mentioning that he wanted to create an pursue whole Asia with an Artist.

SINGER / SONGWRITER

Instagram I YouTube I LinkTree

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's interesting and a good decision. I hope Avex can start debuting more artists too especially with recent news of their struggles. I remember they said last year that they are planning to debut an ex-idol as soloist and the hints pretty much confirmed that the ex-idol is ex-AKB48 member Yahagi Moeka who is popular and a great singer, it would be very good if they actually do debut her. I hope so...

External Content www.youtube.com

Honestly, I am shocked they have not allowed Ayumi to put out a new album in a few years as she goes multi-platinum with every release and have had her just doing OSTs/Video Game Promos. I mean she begged them to let her release her Acapellas this year so we could make remixes just so she can have some music out this past year of 2020, and as a thank you to her fans for being patient. Then not even a couple weeks later Avex deleted 20 of the acapellas off of YouTube of some of her most famous songs, she had uploaded the acapellas for. If they are wanting to fix their image they are going about it a weird way, I know Ayumi won't leave Avex because of her love for the CEO from a past relationship but like..... Ami Suzuki and Namie jumped labels. BoA even has SM handle her Japan releases directly now. They need to figure something out so they do not sink. Heck even releasing official CDs of Video Game, Movie and Anime OSTs could help them, as that is something they used to but it seems they are being very stubborn. They could even work a deal with YG entertainment as they still have the contracts for BigBang and Blackpink's Japanese releases but they don't seem to want to that either and BigBang's Japanese exclusive albums always exploded in J-Pop as much if not more than their Korean ones in K-Pop.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• Yes it seems that they are making all the wrong decisions... This news about bilibili is actually one of the only good news I've heard from Avex in recent years. About Ayu, I feel like Avex is trying to create a new version of her with Anzai Kalen but it doesn't seem to be working very well so far? Then again with the way Avex currently promotes their artists, it's not surprising. They really need to change...

IT HONESTLY SCARES ME. I try to not get into artist's personal lives as personally idc really, but the Ayu situation makes me sad, she has such commitment to a person who seems to show complete disregard for her and just wants to promote the cutest newest idol. The he calls on her to collab with them whenever needing to build them up or has her only release music when he cannot get any other releases scheduled. ?( It's not like Ayu cannot perform, she is fully deaf now due to overworking for Avex and she still somehow sings on pitch.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• Is this really good move? How popular bilibili is in China? Isn't the like of Youku, Tencent or iQiyi way more popular? I see foreign J-pop fans using this platform due to easy access and the lack of copyright strike. And, who may Avex use to attract Chinese fans? Beverly? Snowman? Daichi Miura? None looks nor sounds promising for Chinese market.

I remember they said last year that they are planning to debut an ex-idol as soloist and the hints pretty much confirmed that the ex-idol is ex-AKB48 member Yahagi Moeka who is popular and a great singer, it would be very good if they actually do debut her. I hope so...

Yahagi Moeka is great singer? What does that mean to Okada Nana or Nojima Kano?

Honestly, I am shocked they have not allowed Ayumi to put out a new album in a few years as she goes multi-platinum with every release and have had her just doing OSTs/Video Game Promos. I mean she begged them to let her release her Acapellas this year so we could make remixes just so she can have some music out this past year of 2020, and as a thank you to her fans for being patient. Then not even a couple weeks later Avex deleted 20 of the acapellas off of YouTube of some of her most famous songs, she had uploaded the acapellas for.

I remember reading that Hamasaki developing hearing impairment. Did I mistake?

• Is this really good move? How popular bilibili is in China? Isn't the like of Youku, Tencent or iQiyi way more popular? I see foreign J-pop fans using this platform due to easy access and the lack of copyright strike. And, who may Avex use to attract Chinese fans? Beverly? Snowman? Daichi Miura? None looks nor sounds promising for Chinese market.

Yahagi Moeka is great singer? What does that mean to Okada Nana or Nojima Kano?

I remember reading that Hamasaki developing hearing impairment. Did I mistake?

Yes she is completely deaf now, however she still sings a lot despite that and even did an orchestra show last year as a singer. She was not off key at all somehow, I honestly was amazed.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• Yes she is completely deaf now, however she still sings a lot despite that and even did an orchestra show last year as a singer. She was not off key at all somehow, I honestly was amazed.

That definitely meant she was not totally deaf unless some edit was done on her voice.

Most importantly, among these 3, she's the one who attracted the most people with her singing, it might be her tone or the way she interprets songs, but she received a lot more attention for her singing than Nojima Kano or Okada Nana. I've seen many japanese comments even until now saying that they wish her to debut solo.

Nojima Kano's tone isn't public friendly, it sounds too serious and opera-like. That's not the kind of voice that attracts the biggest audience. As for Okada Nana she has a nice voice and emotions but her tone is less special. Yahagi Moeka has a tone that sounds very pleasing to listen to, angelic, and singing with emotions. Especially considering her age, she can become even better with a bit of training and experience.

The point is she's the one rumored to debut with Avex so I don't see why you bring up other names...

She was the one attracting most peoples? Was that why she was bombarded with criticisms when she won AKB48 2nd singing contest?

Only fact is Okada Nana and Nojima Kano technically were superior to her. Anything else was mere your opinion.

A point is Yahagi Moeka won't save Avex.

• Is this probably the reason why Avex just recently gave WARPs a new MV that was marketed as "Chinese release only" ?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• If avex dosn'r screws it they could maybe get a decent amount of sales in China wirth WARPS since 2 member used to be in a Chinese boygroup before

Avex is good at starting new projects but we all know they fail at maintaining them so we shall see.

tenor.gif

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• Avex is good at starting new projects but we all know they fail at maintaining them so we shall see.

tenor.gif

Yeah but no mather how it works it could be at least something... but I doubt that someone like Ayumi Hamasaki will make a lot. She was popular all over Asia many years ago and lost slowly more and more of her fame and sells not that much anymore. I found a Chinese song of her on Spotify a while ago and :| no no just no to Ayumi singing in Chinese

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Yeah but no mather how it works it could be at least something... but I doubt that someone like Ayumi Hamasaki will make a lot. She was popular all over Asia many years ago and lost slowly more and more of her fame and sells not that much anymore. I found a Chinese song of her on Spotify a while ago and :| no no just no to Ayumi singing in Chinese

She is not fluent in Chinese, she is in Taiwanese but that is considered an sin in China soooooo.... she cannot release any songs in that language anymore due to the politics :(

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!