Why do the allkpop news site keep mentioning "Netizens"? Who exactly are these "netizens"?

• cheerupplease

Changed the title of the thread from “Why do the allkpop news site keep mentioning "Netizens"? Who exactly are these "netizens"? Or is it just a term for the writer to use to express their opinions but don't want to get flack for it” to “Why do the allkpop news site keep mentioning "Netizens"? Who exactly are these "netizens"?”.
  • I noticed it often refers to forum members/users (not necessarily AKP) who voice their opinions.

I think it's cowardice to use stragglers on the internet as a by-way to express your half-baked editorial views/ opinions. If you're going to do it then do it-- don't hide behind "netizens".

• We don't know the writers' intentions. They could really just be observing what people on the Internet are saying about a certain topic and just reporting on it.

Well, it's stupid. It's like the local news broadcast going to Twitter for comments about the Pan-Pacific trade clause between Hong Kong and Taiwan.

• I understand it's silly in many cases, but that's just how the K-pop online world is. There's a lot of focus on what the fans think (public image and all).

HEED: Don't lower your standards for anybody on the internet, let alone for your public image.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!