Taste of Love’s Title Track and M/V comes out on Wednesday and the album on Friday

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

JYPE stop setting my girls up. What is a title track and M/V release on Wednesday supposed to do when the rest of the album comes out on Friday. Just make the whole album come out on Friday or Monday... it’s not that hard. Not to mention the title still comes out at 6PM KST wtf...

the resident tzubin shipper

• So JYP isn't aiming for Billboard and release Music video on a Wednesday . I am not getting it. The album is still release on a Friday tho. I don't get JYP strategy here. Can someone explain this to me :whatr:

Edited 3 times, last by JaSida ().

• So JYP isn't aiming for Billboard and release Music video on a Wednesday . I am not getting it. The album is still release on a Friday tho. I don't get JYP strategy here. Can someone explain this to me :whatr:

Exactly it’s so confusing. Either target Korean charts by having the comeback on Monday or target the West with a Friday comeback. Just don’t do it in between. A Wednesday release is literally bad for both markets.

• Exactly it’s so confusing. Either target Korean charts by having the comeback on Monday or target the West with a Friday comeback. Just don’t do it in between. A Wednesday release is literally bad for both markets.

It feels like JYP thought we just release in between the week. It will be so hard to chart on Billboard Hot 100 and BB200 and Korean charts. Wednesday releases are only good for Japan Billboard but I don't think JYP is aiming just for Japan here.

• It feels like JYP thought we just release in between the week. It will be so hard to chart on Billboard Hot 100 and BB200 and Korean charts. Wednesday releases are only good for Japan Billboard but I don't think JYP is aiming just for Japan here.

I’ve seriously lost all faith in JYPE and Div3 after this. They (Div2) gave ITZY a full Friday release to target the US but they can’t give their biggest group in the US, TWICE, a Friday release? Give me a break.

• I’ve seriously lost all faith in JYPE and Div3 after this. They (Div2) gave ITZY a full Friday release to target the US but they can’t give their biggest group in the US, TWICE, a Friday release? Give me a break.

JYP doesn't make sense to me tho. ITZY was supposed to the group for western market but they don't have US label but get Friday releases.

Oh I got it. So JYP wants Twice to chart on Japan Billboard with digital release on Wednesday and Billboard 200 with Friday physical release.

• I think they will drop only title track on Wednesday for better charting in Korea and the rest of the album on Friday for BB200? I don't think they aiming for BB HOT 100.

• Is this good or bad? XD

I think I got it now.

Good:

It it is very good to release the digital and MV on Wednesday for Japan Billboard.

It very good to release the physical on Friday for Billboard 200.

Bad:

It will be hard to chart on Billboard Hot 100

It will be hard to chart on Korean Charts ( but it is Twice so they will chart well in Korea anyways)

• It's a really weird decision, obviously due to the target (and Amazon coming soon) pre-orders, release date and track length, they're kind of throwing the title to the side in order to chart on the Billboard 200.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• It's a really weird decision, obviously due to the target (and Amazon coming soon) pre-orders, release date and track length, they're kind of throwing the title to the side in order to chart on the Billboard 200.

Yup. That’s the vibe I’m getting which kind of sucks because the title track should be prioritized with the album, not one over the other but I digress.

• Yup. That’s the vibe I’m getting which kind of sucks because the title track should be prioritized with the album, not one over the other but I digress.

But if they focus on western for the title track, it might harm their domestic charting

See ITZY has yet to crack top 10 (amid heavy competition)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!