Anyone watch Vincenzo?

• I just started watching Vincenzo, I'm on ep 3 right now and there are some parts I really like (the serious parts) but I feel like there's too much comedy and random moments that kind of throw off the balance of the show for me. For those who've seen more of it, does the pace of the show change later on? I'm considering dropping it but apparently it's really good so idk.. If anyone of y'all have watched Stein's Gate, is it like that? Where the beginning is kinda slow and the good stuff is later on? (bc obviously Stein's Gate is insanely good but I can see why someone would wanna drop it if they only saw the first few episodes)

• Go to Best Answer
  • i started a little while back but because i was so busy i didn't get a chance to finish it yet

• Best Answer

Stick with it, it gets better and better. I wanted to drop it after the first 3 ep, too, glad I didn't. The comedy is still there, it's a dark comedy after all, but much better done then in those first episodes.

• not all of it. But the bts of Vincenzo are cool though, since they're not shot at the actual places and instead with vfx.

"무중력으로 다시 수면으로 떠오를 때, 나는 다른 사람이되는 상상을한다" - 쿠사나기 모토코 (1995)

• Stick with it, it gets better and better. I wanted to drop it after the first 3 ep, too, glad I didn't. The comedy is still there, it's a dark comedy after all, but much better done then in those first episodes.

So what ep does it start getting really good?

• Same thing happened to me. I couldn’t stand the supporting characters at all. I don’t see how any of that was comedy at all. They were cringe and their scenes were just childish and unrealistic. If it was any other drama, I wouldn’t have got this upset with it because I would think it’s for less mature audience and would drop it.

BUT the serious plot line was good. It was like two different shows put into one. The building’s residents characters shenanigans was one thing and the main and leads storyline was another.

I didn’t drop it and it indeed got better each ep. Although I stopped at ep 8 because I got busy. My sister watches it week by week and she keeps telling me to continue watching because it gets so good each ep. I am a little hyped up about that. Its popularity keeps increasing too so I guess it does get better.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• Same thing happened to me. I couldn’t stand the supporting characters at all. I don’t see how any of that was comedy at all. They are cringe and their scenes are just childish and unrealistic. If it was any other drama, I wouldn’t have got this upset with it because I would think it’s for less mature audience and drop it. BUT the serious plot line is good. It’s like two different shows put into one. The building’s residents characters shenanigans is one thing and the main and leads storyline is another.

I didn’t drop it and it indeed gets better each ep. though I stopped at ep 8 because I got busy. My sister watches it week by week and she keeps telling me to continue watching because it get so good each ep. I am a little hyped up about that. Its popularity keeps increasing too so I guess it does get better.

Yeah, tbh the "comedy" scenes with the residents was a little funny at first but it just gets kind of annoying to see random shit happening over and over when I want to see the serious stuff, like the intro really pulled me in with the airplane and the gasoline.. That was insane. Also, idk what they were thinking when they kept putting in the Italian food scenes where Vincenzo hates the food.. like we already saw it once and from where I am now, its been done a third time and I didn't even watch it and just skipped because it's literally pointless and redundant... However, I agree that the main, serious plot is pretty interesting, and if the show just did that, I think I would like it alot more from the start

• wrong subforum, it belongs to kdrama and films

i haven't sarted it yet, i'm waiting to finish its run and read reaction about finale, i don't want to be disappointed (mr queen still hurts me)

• Yes we have a watching party on the disc every Sunday evening. I have watched Stein's Gate and yes, it does start slow but escalates later on. Sometimes the random comedic scenes with the residents is annoying and distracting but at least they evolve as characters later on. And sometimes it's good to get away from some of the real serious shit that happens.

• wrong subforum, it belongs to kdrama and films

i haven't sarted it yet, i'm waiting to finish its run and read reaction about finale, i don't want to be disappointed (mr queen still hurts me)

oh my bad, idk if there's a way to move it but I will if you lmk!

• Yes we have a watching party on the disc every Sunday evening. I have watched Stein's Gate and yes, it does start slow but escalates later on. Sometimes the random comedic scenes with the residents is annoying and distracting but at least they evolve as characters later on. And sometimes it's good to get away from some of the real serious shit that happens.

Yeah Stein's Gate is insane, but the beginning almost made me want to drop it lol. The only reason i didn't is because of how good everyone said it is so i decided to stick around and definitely don't regret it. For Vincenzo, hopefully it's the same case

• So what ep does it start getting really good?

After what happend in the fourth episode.

The FL and Plaza residents were so annoying to me, I would take a bullet for them now. The show just gets better as it goes on, it's been quite a ride 😂 I say this as someone who doesn't watch a lot K-dramas, but I'm glad I started this one.

• After what happend in the fourth episode.

The FL and Plaza residents were so annoying to me, I would take a bullet for them now. The show just gets better as it goes on, it's been quite a ride 😂 I say this as someone who doesn't watch a lot K-dramas, but I'm glad I started this one.

Alright! Thanks that means it gets good pretty soon so I'll probably stay with it

• Yes, but I plan on waiting for when the show is done to watch the rest of the episodes because after episode 16 made my heart race so fast because of that ending.

It a good show if they can make someone heart race for cliff hanging episode.

• I just started watching Vincenzo, I'm on ep 3 right now and there are some parts I really like (the serious parts) but I feel like there's too much comedy and random moments that kind of throw off the balance of the show for me. For those who've seen more of it, does the pace of the show change later on? I'm considering dropping it but apparently it's really good so idk.. If anyone of y'all have watched Stein's Gate, is it like that? Where the beginning is kinda slow and the good stuff is later on? (bc obviously Stein's Gate is insanely good but I can see why someone would wanna drop it if they only saw the first few episodes)

If you're looking for a true serious kdrama in Vincenzo.. you won't find it here. The writer of this drama is known for having various comedy/random moments in his dramas, it's his style. I felt the way you did when I first watched a kdrama by him.

But if you choose to stick with the drama, there will be more serious moments with a good mix of comedy, so thing's don't get too dark! :pepegrin:

• Alright! Thanks that means it gets good pretty soon so I'll probably stay with it

The last two episodes ruined the show for me. Too much overused kdrama tropes, they went full Itaewon class on us. Honestly, I stoped watching the last episode in the first ten minutes hours ago, and I can still not force myself to continue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!