Would Kpop female idols be intimidated by self-confident western guys?

• I notice many times when groups are interviewed by guys in Korea, the men seems very soft and over-polite? Give you an example:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And yes even feminine

But what if they meet guys like Justin Bieber, Drake, Chris Hemsworth and Tom Holland? More outgoing than the usual men they meet in Korea.

drake-attends-the-top-boy-uk-premiere-at-hackney-news-photo-1586363414.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.708xh;0,0.0457xh&resize=480:*

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&quality=0.9

• I don't know, maybe, but it's a cultural thing. In Korea men aren't really expected to be stone cold, no emotions, but in the US they kind of are. It's just different

Do you think some female idols may even be attracted to western guys?

• its a thing to behave really polite on korean tv

i notice some idols even when they make calls or interview their really close friends on tv, they use formal speech to address each other, but behave completely different on candid camera

so no, they won't be intimidated, its just how societal norms mandate they behave on TV

• Maybe? I don't know about being intimidated by western guys specifically because cultural differences are kinda awkward for everyone at first. Language barrier also makes a huge difference.

Solar did a video with a foreign guy before and it was pretty casual since he spoke Korean and all.

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!