BLACKPINK struggles

• I won't talk about their struggles directly. My focus is kpop fans who always dismiss "their struggles".

Everybody knows that the girls didn't starve themselves bc of poverty, neither slept in a bathroom of the subway bc of limited money. Ok? Ok. But somehow some kpop fans have this mentality that BP NEVER had it difficult, never cried bc of frustration, desperation and more as trainees and even after debuting.

BP never talked a lot about their hardships and when they do... Oh boy, kpop fans start a "pity game" and start telling how their faves ate air while BP were eating beef..... Like imagine "flexing" about other's struggles just to hate, belittle BP struggles.... Imagine...

Their struggles weren't poverty, but they had/have fears, traumas, uncertainties and more like any normal person and when they talk about it, obviously blinks will react with encouraging words and trend hashtags full of love for them.

My problem is how BP are targeted as princesses with silver spoons who got no worries neither fought for nothing.

This is so weird, bc everybody see the hate they receive and how this affected them, but somehow they still have to shut up and just be pretty, bc talk about their difficulties? Oh no, my faves suffered more so no, i won't accept your cry... This seem to be some kpop fans mentality and it's honestly sad.

You won't see me pointing fingers at others bc of things that never affected me in my life! My faves struggles don't give me permission to belittle others neither their fight.

I know BP never suffered like your faves, but i also know that almost none of you suffered like your faves too so stop coming to BP every two seconds they talk about their hardships, please. Be a better human being and stop fetishizing a struggle that isn't yours just to feel superior.

I made this thread after various comments here about the pinks, but the fuse was a comment who said like this: "i didn't like OTG by Rosé bc she was born rich, so she was just lying through her music" :clown: ... Guys.... Imagine being this human being??? Imagine??

Anyways, the pinks struggles and hardships aren't your toys to start comparing and downgrading them. It's their journey and their life.

Bye!

• I probably wouldn't survive a week just for training in YG :S BP members don't talk much about their struggles but this doesn't mean that they're not human beings with problems and precisely because they don't talk about it we don't know what they've been through...

(In general I really don't understand this kind of "struggles" olympics happening in kpop right now, it's just stupid to me: while it's great to succeed or try to succeed despite certain hardships it's also stupid and almost dangerous to glorify all the problems...but that's just my opinion)

• I probably wouldn't survive a week just for training in YG :S BP members don't talk much about what they've been through but this doesn't mean that they're not human beings with problems and precisely because they don't talk about it we don't even know what they've been through...

(In general I really don't understand this kind of "struggles" olympics happening in kpop right now, it's just stupid to me: while it's great to succeed or try to succeed despite certain hardships it's also stupid and almost dangerous to glorify all the problems...but that's just my opinion)

Yes, they talk the minimum about their hardships, but obviously they have some.

For real, it's a pity game while the ones who struggled (their faves) probably have no ill feeling towards BP...

• Big4 privilege exists after debut.

But i would argue that trainee life for a group like BP was way way harder than your average label. Imagine the competition at YG compared to some random nugu label, it aint even a comparison. Since 2NE1, only 8 girls from YG ever made it to debut. Imagine competing against literally thousands of girls to get into 2NE1 or BP. BP was forged from countless hours of sacrifice and complete mental and physical exhaustion.

But i would argue that trainee life for a group like BP was way way harder than your average label. Imagine the competition at YG compared to some random nugu label, it aint even a comparison. Since 2NE1, only 8 girls from YG ever made it to debut. Imagine competing against literally thousands of girls to get into 2NE1 or BP. BP was forged from countless hours of sacrifice and complete mental and physical exhaustion.

But privilege is different from a person hardship as everybody has fears, insecurities and more. I'm taking about the "BP suffered nothing, they are robots" rather than saying they didn't have privileges.

that’s really not true .... the trainee life is also easier for big3 idols on average

on average

smaller companies have higher rates of physical abuse, sexual abuse, idols being forcibly sexualized, and idols having to work regular jobs DURING their trainee years.

as well as there not being ANY evidence that the trainees at smaller companies aren’t being worked as hard by their company or trainers.

• But privilege is different from a person hardship as everybody has fears, insecurities and more. I'm taking about the "BP suffered nothing, they are robots" rather than saying they didn't have privileges.

!!!! this!

people can’t really know what each individual person goes through. just because big 3 privilege is a thing doesn’t mean individual idols can’t have their own struggle. we don’t know

we don’t know if they suffered loss, were grieving, were ill, were injured, etc. unless they tell us. no ones story is exactly the same and everyone goes through different personal stuff in different times

• !!!! this!

people can’t really know what each individual person goes through. just because big 3 privilege is a thing doesn’t mean individual idols can’t have their own struggle. we don’t know

we don’t know if they suffered loss, were grieving, were ill, were injured, etc. unless they tell us. no ones story is exactly the same and everyone goes through different personal stuff in different times

Yes, people look at them like they are above everything bc they come from BIG3 when in reality is: they are 4 human beings with hardships, nothing more, nothing less.

• What happen

Just scroll through the thread. The comment is on the first page

• Bp just doesn't talk about those days tbh. And when they do it's in a lighthearted manner. See 23/365 ep. So of course after their insane success kpop stand needed a rtrope to discredit them in someway and rich silver spoon girls was the one to go for.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!