[HOT TAKE] are kpop stans ever going to tire of calling kpop companies "money hungry" for...releasing products

• its just weird bc many kpop stans seem to be under the impression that the company profit just sits in the company's bank somewhere when all the money gets divided among employees, the artists, goes towards paying bills, goes towards re-investing into future projects. what is so terrible about that :rolleyes:

Yeah, companies never hold on to that because of taxing. They'd lose a huge part of their profit if they don't immediately pay out or re-invest. A company with money is like a human with food, it's used to grow and sustain themselves. What also gets on my nerves is people complaining when indie companies get bigger because they can produce more products or they start asking money for their products, they are suddenly called money hungry. Corporations aren't just a bunch of happy volunteers doing these things for free, it's such an entitled way of thinking imo.

• true and many are not ready for the convo that their groups are only able to function because of the at bare minimum 200 people behind them. The hair stylists, makeup artists, cordis, managers, creative teams, product designers, packaging designers, choreographers, back up dancers, other company employees like accountants and schedulers. all these people need to be payed somehow.

Exactly as someone who studied management and entrepreneurship I have to keep myself from frowning every time some kpop stans feel attacked because the company does not change something after a week. People need to understand that a company has so many levels and people involved that it does take some time. Criticizing and questioning a company is alright and needed but spaming their e-mail box and sending trucks is just mind blowing. People need to feel grateful for those companies who actually listen to their consumers since there are a lot of examples of companies who do not want to invest into such things.

• Well 90% of Kpop fans don't complain about a reasonable release schedule with an appropriate level of paid content at a steady and affordable pace.

Most of the complaint's come from those of us who stan groups where the company is releasing far too much content in such a short period or time or double, some times tripple, dipping from fans.

To pretend fans en masse complain about new content when it's reasonable would be disingenuous of you.

It's also pretty false to pretend this is an issue exclusive to just the Kpop community. Look at the smart phone market is full of complainers for the sheer amount of phones companies release in a year only to sell a barely superior line up 12 months later...

Techies too complain when companies like Intel and Nvidia flood the market with too many similar performing SKU's each year...it's not complaints for no reason, it complaints because companies(Kpop or otherwise) are often releasing too much content to keep up with their target demo's weekly, monthly or yearly budgets.

I know it may seem a hot take to type 'duh companies need money, so they release products'...well no shit, did we need Commissioner Gordan to shine the Captain Fucking Obvious symbol in the sky to summon you to tell us that much?

• o...k? is saying all of this supposed to change my opinion that people who DO complain about "a lot" of merch being released sound dumb to me?

this is..a kpop forum. ofc im going to talk about smtg that KPOP stans do that annoys me. its also weird af to bring in comparisons of how people react to major tech companies. do you think kpop companies are on the same level of samsung or apple? bc they're not. i personally never see people complaining about new samsung or new apple phones being released bc the people who arent going to buy it... dont care.

who's your favorite artist?

• o...k? is saying all of this supposed to change my opinion that people who DO complain about "a lot" of merch being released sound dumb to me?

this is..a kpop forum. ofc im going to talk about smtg that KPOP stans do that annoys me. its also weird af to bring in comparisons of how people react to major tech companies. do you think kpop companies are on the same level of samsung or apple? bc they're not. i personally never see people complaining about new samsung or new apple phones being released bc the people who arent going to buy it... dont care.

Yeah, if you don't want it then don't buy it. People have to understand nobody is obliged to buy everything.

No, how you got that from the comparison is beyond me...

The point is no company regardless of size or sector is beyond reproach when when flooding their markets with what fans/buyers consider to be unnecessary products only put out to drum up quick and cheap quarterly profits at the expense of long term consumer trust.

It doesn't matter if you're a multi billion Dollar company like Samsung putting out 4-6 'S' series phones and a similar number of 'A' series a year....Nvidia launching a barely any better 'Ti' version of all cards or yes, a Kpop company dropping 3 comebacks, online concerts, repacks, merch, etc in a year....regardless of company size the principal is the same, fans and buyers will complain when the feel companies have way too much output to follow.

We all want to support our faves, but some companies make that impossible. Take JYPE for example, after June they dropped 2 full comebacks in Korea, 2 in Japan, 1 special album, 5 merch drops, 2 online concerts, 3 photobooks and even more...in what 7 months? That's hundreds and hundreds of Dollars when the target demo for most Kpop fans is teens and early 20's...

Do they think money grows on trees? JYPE is just one company others do similar.

Exactly. Keep your morals to yourself and stop complaining if the company keeps releasing contents. Just don’t buy it. And also releasing merch IMO is a better way of having a continuous income than forcing the idols to keep releasing songs and kept under hectic touring schedule :yesr:

• You know companies release more due to the shortening product lifecycle and that especially in the IT. They wouldn’t release it if others wouldn’t buy enough for them to cover all costs. It is easy to point things out like this but business ideas and products are more then a “let’s make more money“ decision and that’s what OP wants to say basically. You complain about captain obvious while sounding like one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!